R30,000 to spend

FatBoyDrunk

I have 30 grand to buy a road bike from Cyclelab (insurance pay out).

Problem is their stock seems limited and the guy is trying to sell me a KTM, but I don't know anything about the make.

There is a Trek 5.2 for R33,500 but it means paying the extra, which I didn't really want to do.

Any ideas?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Order something you LOVE/LIKE. Not what is available!!! :angry:

Take your time and have a look what is out there and what you really want. It is a lot of money and you don't want buyers remorse!!

They will order the item in whatever you want...if it is available in SA! Hulle gatte!!! :angry:

do you have to buy from CycleLab? why dont you rather order something you really like by them?

My insurance company arranged Cyclelab, not sure if I can ask to buy from someone else.

I don't know much about Cyclelab, can they order in any bike? The assistant didn't mention that.

apparently cyclelab will match any written quote.

so go get that trek quoted somewhere else for R30k if possible.

i think they import the ktm's, so they have a bigger markup - it's not a better bike, they're chasing more money from you.

Hmmm. Surely its your money and you can use it at your discretion. Try and organize a different shop. Your 30k is not going to go very far at the Lab.... My 2c worth....

It's bad that you are limited to CL. I saw a hot GT with full 6700 Ultegra at Eagle Canyon Cycles for R22500.

Try Chris Willemse if you can use another store - I have read a lot of guys saying that Cycle Lab rips the prices quite high ;)

Surely if your BMW gets stolen they dont force you to take Toyota or Subaru of equal value, why does this apply to your bike's cover..... mmmm maybe I must check with my insurance on this.

Shop around first. Give CWC a call and see what they can do for you.There will be a shop out there that will give you value for your money. The shop you thinking of to possibly buy from is a bit expensive. Good luck

My insurance company arranged Cyclelab, not sure if I can ask to buy from someone else.

I don't know much about Cyclelab, can they order in any bike? The assistant didn't mention that.

Of course they they wouldnt tell you. thats kind of their last resort. they'd much rather sell a bike already on the floor.

Go for CWC. much better service and prices imho