UREGNT! flying.... packing box advice

vinylguy

hi guys

ok im flying to cape town... problem is bike box wont fit in my car... any help advice...

flying kulula... phone them they said i cant roll it on... it has to has to be box...

any help???

What car do you have an what box? You might still be able to fit it if you get creative with the packing.

I can fit a 125cm x 75cm x 25cm box onto the back seat of my Polo without have to rearrange anything. I managed to get that and a 125cm x 95cm x 25cm and spare wheels and a large suitcase into a Hyundai Getz by dropping the back seat and using some careful packing.

bike box is a problem. Got a 2001 corolla and a bike box doesn't go in, no matter how hard you try. Phone a friend with a hatchback. Only option I can think of.

Book a "large" taxi make sure the box will fit in, the cost of the taxi will be off set by the saving in parking fees.

If you get a good answer, let me know ... I've got to get my bike from the airport and to the 94.7 in my old lady's '63 VW beetle ...

A thought: 2 smaller boxes, one for the frame and the other for the wheels?