USN supplement from clicks

iRob

I live in Cape Town, and am looking for a Clicks store which stocks a decent range of USN products, specifically RecoveryMax, EpicPro, V02max, L-glutamine and CytoPower HP (900g). I'm looking for a Clicks store/s because I get a lot of discount there. :thumbup:

I know Dischem does have a wide range of products, and I know there are other products, but I've found USN works for me and the do not offer the same discounts I can get at Clicks.

Howzit

I have looked at clicks in Melkbos and they seem to have what yu looking for except the VO2 Max

On another note I have seen that clicks are doing their own brand now too. I have compared and it looks like the same as USN worh having a look esp if you are getting good discount :)

It's not clicks but the Pick n Pay chemist in Table view has the whole range of USN

T.

That is also true. I have been to the PnP in Plattekllof and I know they have the biggest range I've ever seen.

I currently use the Clicks L-Glutamine which works fine as well.

Ok sweet, I'll check the Melkbos Clicks on the way home from work.

See Spar is also starting to stock USN - becoming kinda like smarties and about just as good

I'm open to trying to new supplements, I just kind of like the USN. Do you use something else?

Yes a proper diet. No substitute for good healthy food. No tablet is going to increase your VO2 only training.

Honestly I personally believe that the only supplement needed is on of electrolytes whilst training other than that - you want to recover, get some sleep!!

Having said all of the above I will give USN their due with Epic Pro - it is brilliant to race with. Hellish expensive at R400 a tub which is why I say "race" with. There is no way average joe could afford to use this stuff in training without the threat of bankruptcy.

I Know it cops a lot of flak from some people but I have just started using Epic Pro. Tell you what for me it does work. I actually recover on the bike. 2 road races on it and 2 PBs. On the first I felt like I had popped a gasket but took it easy for +- 1km and believe it or not suddenly there was gas in the tank. Some guys may not like it but its the best product I have ever used.

That is true. The stuff is very expensive! It does make a difference I've found. I rode quite hard yesterday, into the gale force South Easter and was riding at 85% for an 1.25hrs. Felt shaky and had some EpicPro and glutamine when I got home and I feel 100s today.

I think my diet is good, I've had some solid input and have seen definite results, but I could be following a bit better (i.e more protein later in the day over lunch and supper). My intensity training has recently increased significantly and I've found this is where the supplements help dramatically.

I've recently been inquiring as to how to increase my V02 through supplements and or diet. My thought is that by increasing my red blood cell count I can increase my oxygen carrying ability. Legally obviously. I have spoken to various dietitians, doctors and even pharmacists the idea I get is that iron supplements do nothing unless you have a deficiency and the most likely benefit would come from increasing folic acid intake. Apparently it gets given to pregnant woman to increase their rbc during pregnancy. I have yet to investigate the legality of this.

That said the increase in cycling I've been doing has increased my other fitness, especially running, incredibly. I'm hoping there is more benefit to be realised through increased training, but I'd actually first have to get my VO2 tested professionally.

Now that's something people would have to sell their kidneys for!

Maybe have a chat with Maryke, she is on the hub and I think she would probably be the best one to help you with the specific goals you have and with your training.

Maryks

• 2 weeks later...

OK - So I've heard that Clicks will not order the products I'm looking for....

Does anyone know if the they count towards the Vitality discount thingy of purchased at Pick 'n Pay - Because there are 2 PnP's close to me that stock almost every USN product out there!

No they are not part of the healthy foods that you can get vitality points for at Pick n Pay, but if you use your discovery Credit card to purchase those products, you will get money back based on partner store purchases.

Which means I need to get a Discovery credit card...mmmmm... 1 with ABSA is tough enough to manage.

YOU guys take wayeeee too much drugs...bordering on dependency.

Why is it that the more expensive the product the easier it is for the mind to convince the body that it works?

I just cycle with a gram of cocaine and two straws of meth, i find it keeps the weight down and gives me enough of a boost. at pretty much the same price

I just cycle with a gram of cocaine and two straws of meth, i find it keeps the weight down and gives me enough of a boost. at pretty much the same price

Bargain. Which aisle do I find the meth in at clicks? I didn't know you could pick that up without a prescription now.