One Tonner winner results changed for seeding

Spat

I just checked and noticed that the One Tonner results were up and included for seeding on the PPA website, the winners time has been adjusted by 19 minutes

the winning time for the 1 tonner (even if it is adjusted !) is 3h42min ? When on RACTec it is 4h00m58sec.

This sucks as effectively did very little for me now in terms of seeding.

Anyone else also have the same??? :angry:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the adjusted winner's time is just an element of the seeding calculation, it is adjusted consistently using the same algorithm so everyone is affected equally.

the adjusted winner's time is just an element of the seeding calculation, it is adjusted consistently using the same algorithm so everyone is affected equally.

mmm....

Well if I was Anton I really wouldnt be happy with like a C seeding or something for winning that one....

But hey... Maybe 40km/h isnt fast enough for 4 hours....

Edited by Woofie

The 3h42 winning time on PPA website may just be an entry error, as I see the winning time for West Coast is the same 1h56m08s , maybe ?

Well we're always crapping on PPA so we should see this as a positive and not just always complain!

Cool.

Lets all be happy that our seedings are dropping.....

The algorithm is still weird though - I got better indeces for random races I rode last year where I started in M and was pretty unfit than for the Westcoast and Engen races where I came top 10 in my bunch (H). For example, in the Westcoast I got a better time than anybody in the preceding bunch, came 4th in my group (2s off the winner) and still only got an H equivalent index. This means that for some races its effectively impossible to improve your seeding.

Fortunately I did decent One Tonner and can move up to F :clap:

Cool.

Lets all be happy that our seedings are dropping.....

Says the Woosie, Chickening out on the morning of the race! :lol:

They seem to have used a delta of 0.6 for the WCExpress. I.e they considered it a very easy race :blush:

They seeding seems to be calculated as follows ...

Winners time = 1:56 = 116 minutes

If you did a 2:14 (Winner of H group?) = 134 minutes

Then your seeding is (134/116 - 1) * 100 / 0.6 = 25 (H group is 23 - 26.5)

0.6 is seriously harsh! The moment there are hills, then the delta get closer to 1 or even over 1 for the roller coaster etc?

This is pure discrimination against the bigger guys who pull the pelatons between hills.