thule 989 bike rack help

mix

Hey guys so I recently purchased a 989 thule

strap on bike carrier from frosty and its in perfect condition, now putting it on my golf 4 it seems like once its on as per instructions and I put my bike onto the rack that my bike sits very high and quite far wide of my car, I have two options I can put the bike on the rack with it sitting on the top bar and take the front wheel off so that it sits neatly on the car or I can turn the holders and place one on the top bar and one on the seat post, leaving the front wheel on, also it doesn't seem very stable, I really hope my post makes sense and that I can get some help with this small issue, thanks!

Mix, it's really easy to work it out - what bike do you have?

Don't place the rack in the middle of the car, place it slightly left or right of centre.

I've been to Durban 6 times, Sabie 3 times, Cape Town once and countless Gauteng based races with the rack.

Let me know if you want help and I'll help you set it up with the bike.

Hahaha why didn't I think about that, thanks a lot frosty. I will try tomorrow but thanks for the help! I have a merida matts.

I did just swaped around some of the ties and it works like a charm :) nice, even took two bikes on it today!