Measuring Cadence?

T-girl

Are cadence meters 'built in' to the bike computer or do you buy a seperate part?

Am looking at a Blackburn Atom wireless computer and not sure if it comes with the cadence or if I have to buy a compatible part?

(am buying online)

Normally comes with a sensor that you fit onto the chainstay, also a small magnet that goes on your crank and also one on your wheel for speed. If you not sure, post the link to the products and I am sure one of us will be able to verify whats what in the box.

Are cadence meters 'built in' to the bike computer or do you buy a seperate part?

Am looking at a Blackburn Atom wireless computer and not sure if it comes with the cadence or if I have to buy a compatible part?

(am buying online)

google girl

The computer needs to have a cadence capability to begin with. Some computers require you to buy the component to enable the functionality, while others come complete.

Which Atom are you looking at? Neither the 2.0 nor the 4.0 have cadence functionality

The 4.0 doesn't have cadence. If you really want a Blackburn with cadence, perhaps look at the Neuro models

The 4.0 doesn't have cadence. If you really want a Blackburn with cadence, perhaps look at the Neuro models

Neuro too expensive!

Any other brand recomendations?

Ever heard of Velomann?

The Cateye Stada Cadence is possibly one of the cheapest bike computers with cadence

oops, Strada

Neuro too expensive!

Any other brand recomendations?

Ever heard of Velomann?

I have two Velomann's. They work perfectly well, but both speed and cadence are picked up from a sensor on the chainstay. Having both sensors on the same device does challenge the battery life of the sensor somewhat, but if you're a frequent rider and diligently replace the battery every few months or so, all is well, otherwise you end up informationless in mid flight, although there is a low battery indicator to warn you. Otherwise the functionality is great!