Thanks to the people who still care.

WorcesterWheelers

Myself & my wife had an unfortunate accident this morning on our tandem.

On the R44 between Somerset West & Stellenbosch we were side wiped by a bakkie that wanted to pull over to the side of the road to pick up a hitch hiker, but he did not check his left side view mirror.....

We took quite a hard tumble, with my wife sustaining a bad cut to the fore head and both of us getting loads of roasties.

This is just a HUGE thank you to all the motorists that stopped to help. Even helping us take my wife to hospital, escourting our vehicle through the traffic and also bringing our damaged tandem to the Medi Clinic.

The staff and especially the ER doctor were brilliant.

Somebody also phoned ER24, who pitch up after we had already been taken to hospital, but they still came looking for us to see if we were ok.

Thanks to all who helped, its reassuring to see that some people still actually care.

To all the cyclist's out there, please take care, especially when riding in a driver's blind spot.... :(

Thanks, could not have come at a worse time.

Busy training for the upcoming DC, riding in all mixed tandem team.

Hopefully we'll be fit to ride soon.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you both didn't come off too badly. Good luck with a speedy recovery!

WW, glad you are OK this time! You've definitely had your share of bad luck. Sounds like a real nightmare and I hope you guys can get back on the bike in time to enjoy your riding again. Sterkte!

Bad news guys - but pleased to hear that all is going to be well! Wish your wife a speedy recovery. Big up to you guys for being so philosophical about the incident!