Spruit crash

perry

Does anyone know on the update of the guy who crashed yesterday morning at the spruit. All i saw was him getting carried off on a strecher.

Didnt look good

oi, someone check on patches.

hahahhaha!

nope. 'tis not I!

Perry, where on the spruit did it happen?! Was it just general spruit riding... or did it happen at the dirt jumps next to the bryanston scout hall?

Edited by patches

I heard from my neighbour....

Broken Neck, no feeling below the shoulders...

Not sure what the current is...

Shame, I think we came past just after he crashed. There was friends or family with him, we couldn't help so we rode on and when we came back past he was still there on a back board, with neck braced etc.

I also saw him as he was being carried off by the medics, his wife/girlfriend walked past me and I said "hope everything is okay" to which she replied "Yes, he's going to be okay, thank goodness." --> So hopefully there hasn't been any bad news after the x-rays etc.

The guy is a good mate of mine, Gary. He went over the handle bars and landed on his back. He had no backpack on and I think the tools, phone etc in his back pocket did damage. He has broken his lower back in 2 places and is having surgery on Thursday. He has feeling and movement in his body but can not walk or sit at this stage. Doc's say he should make a full recovery but he will be out of action for 8 weeks and may not be able to ride again! Will keep you posted. Thank you to everyone who stopped and asked if you could help etc. We believe a number of people have been injured on that same jump, so take it carefully. Please keep him in your thoughts over this tough time.