Sram wheels busting bearings

tristansandwith

So I have got a set of SRAM S30 AL Race wheels and on the Durbanville fun ride I managed to blow one of the front wheel bearings (code and photo to follow). All the grease came out and it was grinding and clicking away until I replaced it two days ago.

All seemed fine and dandy until I came down a particularly bad stretch of tarmac on Boyes Drive yesterday and once again there was the clicking and grinding. I haven't looked yet but I'm positive its the same thing. Has anybody heard of this happening before and if so what are the strongest (best) bearings to replace these ones that continue to fail.

Wheels have done about 1500kms and I had a set of American Classics that I did 10000kms plus on that never busted a single bearing.

Help!

Heard these wheels have been busting spokes as well... one of our DC team mates broke 2 spokes on his first ride with his SRAM wheels... maybe it's a good idea to stay far far away from these wheels...

SRAM wheels are not nearly as good as their groupo's...