Bike Paths and rage

touringza

I usually just wag my finger at the motorist ... silly as it sounds they mostly wave in recognition of being in the wrong. Even the taxis have followed on with this and are getting a little better.

Man, us South Africans need to learn to relax! Always so agro..... Remeber, the golden rule is ALWAYS smile and wave!

...but if you have to do something, ride up to them, in the path, smile and go to their window and ask them nicely if they can keep the gap next time. They might react with abuse ( "skaamkwaad" soos my ma altyd sê), but next time they might remember to keep it open.

and remember: smile and wave!

Ya - we thinking about setting up a "watch" to photograph transgressors and maybe even have a cyclist. Wont do it to be nasty but more to educate the people as we will be sending the results to our local newspapers. Biggest problem seems to be the Sunset Beach intersection.

Any chance of getting a little sign at the offending crossing saying "Please leave gap for cyclists"? Nice and polite

Being a 2 wheel fanatic I ride a motorcycle around town to work and back and I can tell you those gaps are always an issue. Its best to relax and TRY not to get too excited. The minute you get the proverbial middle finger out you are a goner ! Put it away smile and grit your teeth if necessary ;) hopefully next time you make an ass of yourself your fellow road users will recipricate your charm :lol:

Can advise you that we have just met with City to form something like a "Friends of the Cycle Path" to monitor the route.

Can advise you that we have just met with City to form something like a "Friends of the Cycle Path" to monitor the route.

Very cool ideathumbup1.gif

Unless he drives a 4x4, cause then youre effed

unless he is secretly Danny MacAskill, then the car is effed.

Oops....sorry, I really thought I could get through, sorry about my pedal scratching your car.

The unfortunate response to that could very well be that "oops I got such a big fright I accidental hit the accelerator hard when I heard the noise"

The Peace, Love and Happiness approach with a "lazy eye" look might be the ticket. The car drivers are getting better