Racism on Idols

MyGT

Many blacks read "everything into racism" as it is a systematised way of one group exploiting another group over centuries.

This system determined and still do in most ways where we stay, where we go out for dinner, who drives the expensive car & who takes the taxi, who is boss and who is in the blue overall, etc. This list goes on and on.

Racism these days is subtle and sophisticated. And many people are stepping into change. Beautiful change for our country.

Whether the Idols result is driven by racism, maybe...

Is there truth in Mara Louw's statement, maybe...

There are no facts though. It is just her perception.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Closet Europeans'

dont get me wrong ..im in no way anti black and change ..but i get very upset by the public out rage when people of colour dont get their way !!! come on people ... grow up and look to the future ....

Grapevine stuffed up that one.

I can proudly say that I've never watched an episode of this sheet .

However; Mara does raise IMO some interesting points.

1. Other than DSTV airing their black shareholders advert every friggin 10 mins (WTF?) accross all channels, has there ever been stats on viewer household breakdown, according to demographic?

2. What are the races of all the past winners ? Sasha Lee is coloured ? But that doesn't really count because she ain't black and her (joint)winning was an IT f@rk up.

3. If Idols did move to SABC, yep, in it's first season on SABC, probably would be a black winner for the first time.

so you saying than black people are racist and that ..regardless of talent they will have a black winner !??!??!? no by saying that mara has now told the whole world that black people are more racist than whites !!?!??

Not enough, but I see your Paxil is wearing off.

No true, it was stolen by the majority of depressed and obsessively compulsive over anxious mageau drinkers.

It's the only way they can sort out the double vision they have on SABC 2 because the coat hanger is just not as good as the bunny ears, not even to speak of the white mans dish.

I must say I am quite confused by this, did we only become racist in the final show ?

Just wondering why lispy Lloyd actually got so far, because if the racist DSTV viewers had their choice it could have been any of the other halloweened skinned idols who made it in to the top 10 instead of Lloyd.

My guess is that talent had nothing to do with this.

The racism highlight of idols this year was the save vote kept for Achmed the ventriloquist dummy.

...whilst everyone who is not PDA is being pomped up the buttocks like a prison inmate, and they just whimper and turn the other cheek...

I see what you did there! :lol:

so you saying than black people are racist and that ..regardless of talent they will have a black winner !??!??!? no by saying that mara has now told the whole world that black people are more racist than whites !!?!??

Can you answer the questions she poses or the one's I've listed? Can anyone?

If not; then pray tell me, what WTF , do you not understand about the English above? How the f@rk you get and I quote "...so you are saying black people are racist ...?" f@rk only knows.......

My guess, and I'm going out on a limb here (you understand sarcasim right?).....is that there are indeed more black viewers watching SABC than DSTV ; therefore the law of probabilities comes into affect.....f@rk you are a cretin !

Edited by headhunter

Headhunter my dear friend, this is not me being sarcastic but actually I am trying to be sensitive to you plea.

I promise that I won't judge you for having the hots for Sindi.

http://www.comedycentral.com/images/shows/jeff_dunham/r_images/achmed_r3.jpg

This whole thing is sickening - so easy to cry 'Racism', and its normally feeble minded people who do, and more damage is done to already tenuous race relations. This idiot should be censored by DSTV/Multichoice immediately, she is so out of line.

If voting was done on that basis Adeline should've won! :P

i was certainly keen to see her stay longer!!! :drool:

otherwise, couldnt stand Mara all season, she is the main reason that idols show turns out crap!! get rid of the old bag already!!

Mara says, that whites vote for whites, and blacks for blacks??? UHM, did she phone every single person that voted for Elvis and asked them if they were white, and did she phone every person that votes for Lloyd and asked them if they were black???