carbon frames on indoor trainers

Ronster

No not bad idea. There's been threads on this. Outcome from a lot of guys was to not stand up and ride vigorously(hopping from one side to the other)

I've done a couple of rides with my carbon on the idt

Surely the frame doesn't take more strain on the trainer than from the normal rigours of riding on bumpy roads?

Different lateral stresses on the frame.

When you ride on the road/mountain your rear tyre or rear part of your frame is not being subject to horizontal stress (wheel clamped), it`s more vertical.

I notice alot of movement on my aluminium frame on the idt!

Ride all the time with my carbon frame on the IDT and never had a problem, besides if it breaks there is always insurance. Carbon does tend to flex and is not completely rigid.

The warranty I got with my frame said that it expires as soon as I put my frame on an IDT.

How will they know?

How will they know?

They probably wouldn't but I would. My frame's never been on an IDT.

Just getting on and off puts abnormal stresses on the bike which it was not designed for

Not a good idea

Show me some scientific proof that it is not a good idea - actually show me one picture where a carbon frame has broken on an IDT.

Different lateral stresses on the frame.

When you ride on the road/mountain your rear tyre or rear part of your frame is not being subject to horizontal stress (wheel clamped), it`s more vertical.

I notice alot of movement on my aluminium frame on the idt!

I have also seen this when I put my alu Giant on the IDT, it can't be good :thumbdown: