Cyclist shot dead in Amanzimtoti.

Spartan SL

Sad indeed!

That's why I rather keep my mouth shut and keep my hand signs to myself if motorists almost knock me over or push you off the road.But still shocking story!

Especailly in that area. The Karradine Bridge borders Umgababa and Illovo. Strange though as the Toti cyclists ride that route every weekend for a million years without any problems. Terrible

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Source?

I can't find anything more - did this actually happen? Not that the absence of an actual incident will stop the vitriol... :)

Hoping it is all a mistake.Or a drug deal gone wrong. Or something. More info please, Spartan!

I can't find anything more - did this actually happen? Not that the absence of an actual incident will stop the vitriol... :)

Hoping it is all a mistake.Or a drug deal gone wrong. Or something. More info please, Spartan!

I hope its some mistake aswell, but the fact that there is a name, age, kinda make me think its for real.

Jeez...what is the world coming to.

What? When people post dubious, sensationalist, scaremongering stories on the Hub?

Business as usual, I'd say.

Come on Spartan - how are you backing this up? It sounds like someting heard in the pub.

Apologies if I'm wrong.

What? When people post dubious, sensationalist, scaremongering stories on the Hub?

Business as usual, I'd say.

Come on Spartan - how are you backing this up? It sounds like someting heard in the pub.

Apologies if I'm wrong.

Your very wrong man, unfortunately just got our local South Coast Sun newspaper and the shooting and killing happened on the R102 bridge at about 4:30pm on Sunday October 31st on the Karridene River Bridge.

Pautrel(33) a cyclist and father of three was cycling towards toti at the time, a witness supposably saw the incident and heard 3 shots, pautrel died on the spot on the bridge :(

this is unbelievably sickening to read and may the killers rot in hell!!

Apparently he managed to contact a friend and described the shooters. They were later aprehended. 3 guys in a white Opal Corsa.(this friend works with a fellow cyclist). It did seem like an intentional "hit" though on him personally as his family had been victims of 2 house break in's and his wife had been hi jacked 3 times, all recently. Doesn't seem to be a random attack on a 'cyclist'. Well I really hope not, coz I ride that route about 4 times a week.

Apparently he managed to contact a friend and described the shooters. They were later aprehended. 3 guys in a white Opal Corsa.(this friend works with a fellow cyclist). It did seem like an intentional "hit" though on him personally as his family had been victims of 2 house break in's and his wife had been hi jacked 3 times, all recently. Doesn't seem to be a random attack on a 'cyclist'. Well I really hope not, coz I ride that route about 4 times a week.

Hope its true that they were later aprehended, wierd though as why is it in the Sun that they please need any information possible? Maybe inserted before they were caught? unreal if it was an intentional hit, cause by the sounds of things him and his family were hit enough! Poor family

That is scary senseless. My old stomping grounds around 20 yrs ago. But, even then, it was dodgy on your own and I often packed when I went to Umkomaas or Scotburgh or beyond. Not as safe as we would like to believe. RIP fella.

Hope its true that they were later aprehended, wierd though as why is it in the Sun that they please need any information possible? Maybe inserted before they were caught? unreal if it was an intentional hit, cause by the sounds of things him and his family were hit enough! Poor family

Really weird, all those house-break ins as well as the hi-jackings.....sounds like somebody was out to get this guy...sad.gif

That is disgusting :angry: If it was a hit I hope the guys that were caught are convicted and never see the light of day again! If not, what were the murderers afraid of? A severe beating with a pump? Come on!! My condolences to the family and friends that are left behind to deal with the trauma. RIP dude

Edited by Grebel

it's taken 11 days to be reported in the media? huh

Shows the general perception as to the value of human life :angry: