Power Balance Scam

scamster

Wooo hooo :clap: , a whole extra hour, What to do, what to do? - God we should rather have daylight savings first - Lets see how that one goes down in Africa :lol:

Can you imagine trying to expalin that one

Eish!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugger it gonna get a pb and take it apart. Will bug me forever if I don't do it. Small price to pay for peace of mind.

Ok. But please post step by step pics of your disection.

no Steven69, al you are going to find is a hologram printed on a essentially the same material as the stuff tea bags come in.

Dont waste you money, do a google search or find someone that will give you one for free.

Please dont support these scammers

OK here are my findings. Last year at the 94.7 expo I had the test done on me and being duly impressed that I could not be pulled over while wearing heels, I bought a powerbalance band and wore it all the time.

I can't say that my cycling performance improved noticeably but it didn't get worse.

I started running around the end of April beginning of May this year and at the end of July picked up an ITB injury due to an imbalance between my left and right core muscles (physio's words not mine). As part of the physio I had to do all sorts of strengthening exercises and you guessed it, balance exercises. Turns out my balance was pretty shocking. I could not balance on my right leg whatsoever. When I started having to balance on a bosu the physio initially had to hold on to me so I didn't just fall off the thing. All this while I had my powerbalance band on. Took it off - no difference. Put it back on - no difference.

So I have tried the thing (and donated my R475 to "skoolgeld") and it seriously didn't help my balance. I have no scientific evidence to say yay or nay but personally I don't think it works and any improvement a person feels is due to the placebo effect.

I really find this hard to believe...

Cos really, trues bob, I couldn't put my feet behind my head before I started wearing this. :D

Hi Intern,

I see in your list of hocus pocus you included Chiropractic.

Surely when you do clinical trials with placebo groubs and a statistacly significant sample sizes and achieve results it is not hocus pocus?

Network chiropracting may well be hocus pocus but to flame chiro as a whole is a little off side, especially when real evidence exists.

Regards

Bruce

Uh, sorry chap, but 'subluxations'? 'Manipulations'? Hocus pocus. I've done the reading. All of it. Here's some for you and anyone else who wants to disabuse themselves of the notion that the chiropractic is anything but a belief system at best and quackery at worst.

http://www.skepdic.com/chiro.html

Or, the more prosaic Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic

Cos really, trues bob, I couldn't put my feet behind my head before I started wearing this. :D

En daar gaan sy al weer al .................... die mans op die Wielnaaf gaan weer begin skuim om die bek...... so by the way JoLo stuur groete!!!!!!!

I always find this an interesting measuring way. Why would you want to put your feet behind your head in the first place?