Sram 11-26 9spd cassette

splat

My Shimano 9 spd 105 equiped bike is due for a new chain and cassette soon and I was considering changing my 12-25 to a 11-26 and SRAM chain.

My thinking is that I gain an extra ratio each way (helping me spin better on the climbs and chase faster down the other side Wink).

This doesnt seem to be a common or main stream ratio. Is there a reason for this? Are the jumps between gears too big? Will the chain be too loose when I am in the 11 cog?

What is the general feeling regarding SRAM shifting compared to Shimano?

Should I stick with what I have, or make the leap?
splat2007-10-04 13:33:28

There may well be three duplicated gear ratios.  The 12-25 cassette gets good spacing with little in the way of duplicated gears.  A bit of a pointless argument though as most of us only really use 5 or 6 different gears regularly.

I would stick with the 12-25 ! I am assuming you not riding C group or lower ! Therefore you wont need anything lower than a 12 as the guys just dont punch out that kinda firepower for extended peroids of time! a 52-12 sees you pedelling at 90 odd rpm at 60km\h!

the 25 is fine as i doubt you are a novice and can climb relatively well !

As for the other Questions i dont have enough experience or knowledge to comment sorry