MArion Jones and Craven week players doping!

Willehond

Wonder if any school boy cyclists are 'charging'???

yes they are... when you're a top performer you don't pay school fees...and since , the bigger the better... You'd be scared if you hear the stuff that comes out at club rugby.

Buff - what's the story behind the second photo?

Nevermind commenting on Percy - that kid seems to be a pretty decent size too!

SACS? Prize for?....

Hey Buff...

What's the story behind the second pic?

SACS?

Prize for?....

Who's the kid?

Of course - if you simply googled that - then forget I asked...

Personally I reckon that doping is so rife in all sports that if you DON'T dope, you ain't gonna win.  So there's your choice....

Wanna win, or not?

And if you use my logic (which is all mine and you don't have to agree :)  ) that means that all podium finishers (and probably the next 10 runners up) are probably dopers... 

And I betcha that everyone at that level in sport fully well knows this - it's just us that sit with this innocent idea that top sports people shouldn't dope.

Personally I reckon that doping is so rife in all sports that if you DON'T dope' date=' you ain't gonna win.  So there's your choice....

Wanna win, or not?

And if you use my logic (which is all mine and you don't have to agree :)  ) that means that all podium finishers (and probably the next 10 runners up) are probably dopers... 

And I betcha that everyone at that level in sport fully well knows this - it's just us that sit with this innocent idea that top sports people shouldn't dope.
[/quote']

Yes, and therein lies the problem.

If you dope you run a calculated risk, the athletes know it, we know it, the organisers know it, the sponsors know it, "man", even the tea lady knows it, if you get away with it, well, the balls fell right for you, but if you get caught, at least, do the right thing, apologise and say "I made a mistake, I am Sorry, I will take my punishment and move forward" - this habitual pattern of deny,deny,deny, litigate, litigate, litigate, deny,deny,deny for years and years is just so demeaning and deceptive it makes one loose all respect for the person as an honourable member of society, never mind the athlete they portrayed.!

The point that interested me regarding Jones' date=' is not that she doped ( a physique like hers isnt built on a few kelp and liver tablets) - I think doping was a given, but that she sued the chairman of Balco after he blew the whistle on her doping, I mean honestly, - what sort of people are these who live with such bald faced lies and deception.

Now in her 30 s she faces a jail term for her lying and deception, what a waste of a great talent who could have been so much more.

Just how the mighty fall,.......... she commanded millions in her prime just for an interview, now says she has assets worth less than $2000.00 and as it appears her "get out of jail card" is a fine of  $250,000.00, I guess she better start getting used to wearing orange.

I wont miss her.

[/quote']

I suppose you think the Williams sisters are wonderful as many do "tennis players dont take drugs"look at their muscle make up and then Marion Jones,s !who is using the best stuff? NNF

Ya the boy is Zack Beukman(spelling ) IS our 1st xv captian ! I stand to be corrected but i think our sports administrator helps advise the boys on which things to take ! All the guys in the team are taking some form of shake ! but steroids or the like i doubt any are that extreme

Ya the boy is Zack Beukman(spelling ) IS our 1st xv captian ! I stand to be corrected but i think our sports administrator helps advise the boys on which things to take ! All the guys in the team are taking some form of shake ! but steroids or the like i doubt any are that extreme

Oh yeah, 'some form of shake', cold coffee a personal favorite at the school

Creatine is not banned' date=' but still viewed with some suspicion by many. It does definitely help increase size and strength (much of it claimed to be temporary and water-retention based), but not as dramatically as other (banned) products. Hope the schoolboy in this pic is a lifelong Pronutro fan... [/quote']

As far as I can remember it's banned in France ??

p.s. I went to watch some track racing at the UCI headquarters vesterday.

2 SA riders riding for the academy. One is Morne Blignaut...obviously a sprinter,    the guy is BIGGER than Percy.

haha i know they all seem to have gotten alot bigger in the past year so ya! these shakes didnt really help them produce the results the school desires ! but ya the school adds alot of pressure on to the boys to perform !

Yes i can beleive it but what i was saying is at my school we help avoid the guys doing so but advising them on what to take ! The boys then are happy as the school helps them and it seems to allevaite the pressure that the school puts on them !

But what does scare me is the popularity of all these Protein shakes and Creatine in the lower grades (grade 10 ,9, 11). The School tuckshop has started to sell it ! I think it is all a matter of time before one smart individual starts offering his fellow mates a specail stuff !

Come to think of it i have seen guys exchange bank packets of unmarked pills being given to boys with the protein shake tub the friend brought them ! I am assured they are legal and not illegal (ie lsd , estacy etc) .

anyway it about time drug testing gets put into school boy rugby ! Rowing at the school boy levle is subjected to drug testing !

The point that interested me regarding Jones' date=' is not that she doped ( a physique like hers isnt built on a few kelp and liver tablets) - I think doping she better start getting used to wearing orange.

I wont miss her.

[/quote']

I suppose you think the Williams sisters are wonderful as many do "tennis players dont take drugs"look at their muscle make up and then Marion Jones,s !who is using the best stuff? NNF

After re-reading my post three times, I simply cant see where I said "tennis players dont dope" I also fail to see any referance to the Williams sisters, (who as a matter of interest I believe have probably taken growth hormones as well).

I fail to see the relevance of your post, except to perhaps make a snide remark about my initial post and "me" ultimately.