Cheapest Decent FS MTB

racman

What is the cheapest decent FS MTB available today? Thinking about getting a MTB to do races etc and researching at the moment. I don't think an "All Mountain" type of MTB would be suitable but more XC and Enduro (I think). I don't neccessarily want to get a HT as well as a FS but (after reading "slowpoke's" thread) also don't want to buy a heavy, FS when I can get a better HT.   

Any advice?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak to Anton at Cycle House tel: 0125469855,

I know he has a Raleigh that he wants to let go for R8k or there around, dont no the model but sure is worth a try. 

It will take an extremely good bargain  and great components to get me to buy a raleigh FS Big%20smile

Ok, so this is what you do. Buy a SantaCruz SL frame. It?ll cost you between R7 and R8k depending were you shop. The you buy a second hand Mtb with nice parts on, like the one Knappy is selling for R7k and Bobbs your Uncle, you got a kick ass super light weight bike, K-Ching! or buy a secondhand Santa Cruz SuperLightLOL

Ok' date=' so this is what you do. Buy a SantaCruz SL frame. It?ll cost you between R7 and R8k depending were you shop. The you buy a second hand Mtb with nice parts on, like the one Knappy is selling for R7k and Bobbs your Uncle, you got a kick ass super light weight bike, K-Ching! or buy a secondhand Santa Cruz SuperLightLOL

[/quote']

Clever idea.