Cheats Seeding Index's

Grumpy Gato

I've recently been involved as a witness in a PPA/WPCA case against a serial race cheater. The rider in question can't hang on to a weekend club bunch, but yet always finishes well in vets cat. and other races, where many people have witnessed the same rider dropping off the bunch early in many different races. Transpires that this rider either takes the short route, or gets friends to transport them to a convenient drop off point to resume the race. Got a great seeding like this and qualified to ride vets category. Rider was DQ'd from the last Argus for this reason due to not going over the other timing mats around the course (probably wasn't aware of them). This rider was also seen during the last Argus going up Suikerbossie by the leading VB group whilst clearly riding with a C group number :blink: . This rider also allows friends to ride PPA races with their C group PPA number. Why all the cheating ?? Who knows ... narcissism and bragging rights methinks ... When confronted by multiple witnesses in the PPA/WPCA hearing the rider denied everything. Case results are pending.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said that.... all I said is I rode with a guy that had THREE chips around his right ankle on one strap, this guy also finished at the (identical) same time as two other riders. As we were quite spread out at that stage it does seem odd....no?

Maybe it is just coincidence.....

I've recently been involved as a witness in a PPA/WPCA case against a serial race cheater. The rider in question can't hang on to a weekend club bunch, but yet always finishes well in vets cat. and other races, where many people have witnessed the same rider dropping off the bunch early in many different races. Transpires that this rider either takes the short route, or gets friends to transport them to a convenient drop off point to resume the race. Got a great seeding like this and qualified to ride vets category. Rider was DQ'd from the last Argus for this reason due to not going over the other timing mats around the course (probably wasn't aware of them). This rider was also seen during the last Argus going up Suikerbossie by the leading VB group whilst clearly riding with a C group number :blink: . This rider also allows friends to ride PPA races with their C group PPA number. Why all the cheating ?? Who knows ... narcissism and bragging rights methinks ... When confronted by multiple witnesses in the PPA/WPCA hearing the rider denied everything. Case results are pending.

Now, why the hell would you even watn to start if you can't do the complete route or at the speed of the bunch. A real wannabe...

I thought that people would cheat at small races to get a good seeding for the 94.7?

must be early Argus preperation

i feel its a bit silly that the last seeding race is 5 December (Die Burger).

You may have a couple of guys that was injured most of 2010(or not in form) and just starting to get the form back. Still long time till 13 March.

Maybe its those guys that want a better seeding and start getting creative with passing chips to friends.

Anyhow - anyone looking for a good seeding for argus and want to post your chip to me - ill be doing the burger and my rates are good. ps. YY or anything below I can gaurentee

Never said that.... all I said is I rode with a guy that had THREE chips around his right ankle on one strap, this guy also finished at the (identical) same time as two other riders. As we were quite spread out at that stage it does seem odd....no?

Maybe it is just coincidence.....

What I find really suspicious is that you finished in 2h41. Who the hell was riding with your chip?

I noticed 2 riders from the C or D group exiting the M1 at Glenhove, didn't catch the numbers as they were already at the top of the offramp turning right. I can only guess that they rejoined the route on Jan Smuts (which is about 2 kms from there), cutting out most of the highway, the town loop and the NM bridge section.

THey should put intermittent timing mats down (start mat, 1 in town, 1 on Witkoppen, 1 at the finish) to avoid this.

I remember many years back in 94.7 they used to have a midway one at the water tower at the top of Boundary road (when Witkoppen was a real climb!!!) :P

What I find really suspicious is that you finished in 2h41. Who the hell was riding with your chip?

You did.... maybe I should have taken them! :D

This is the dumbest thing, who are they cheating? Themselves only!

It's exactly the same principle as the pros taking drugs. A shortcut. Something for nothing. All the result with none of the work. A seriously impaired moral compass as one of the other hubbers said...

Maybe it boils down to why we race. Is it for bragging rights or is it because we just want to cycle competitively?!?

Sometimes when I had a bad race (twice in 2010) I seriously consider not riding over the timing mats. To-date I have always done the mats – I just must live with the bad results as well.

Edited by PeterM

Maybe it boils down to why we race. Is it for bragging rights or is it because we just want to cycle competitively?!?

Sometimes when I had a bad race (twice in 2010) I seriously consider not riding over the timing mats. To-date I always have always done the mats – I just must live with the bad results as well.

I agree with you. Tough to clock a bad time even if you had a mechanical or bad luck on route. This is one lesson I hope the youngsters learn quick. You learn to face the bad results, then you bacome a mature an consistant racer

I agree with you. Tough to clock a bad time even if you had a mechanical or bad luck on route. This is one lesson I hope the youngsters learn quick. You learn to face the bad results, then you bacome a mature an consistant racer

often wonder about this and yes its been said if there is competition there will be cheating and its all about bragging rights if you ask me

the guys/girls who race for prize money and podium spots will not do it - they much rather take cough meds. - oops I know its a sweeping statement but it happens!!

Had a flat 3k's from the finish at Race 4 Victory, lost 6 mins + and yes, just rode over the mat, got a crap time and live with it. Part of life.

Rode 3 mins slower than 09 on sunday (on a real crap day in the saddle) and seriously never considered not going over the mat, but hey - there is a thought for the future.

Now to convince my VA bud (2:28) to take my chip with him :)

I don't think those of us saying "they are only cheating themselves" are really able to understand why they do it. Personally at the beginning of the year I could hang on to (well mostly hang on to) the racing ladies bunch and on Sunday I got spat out the back of D bunch before Marlboro off-ramp and could only manage to hang on to a bunch on a flat or downhill. All uphills were done in my lightest gear (with a compact crank :lol: :lol:)

Worst 94.7 time I've ever had. But such is life.

The guys that are cheating don't have that "such is life" thinking. Because somewhere somehow it matters that they finished 1093 out how many odd thousand riders there were.

Sh!t never heard of that. Theose are the very guys that make riding daangerous. Not only do they deprive a deserving rider an earlier time slot, They also obviously cant hold the group they are riding in and end up causing carnage to the faster guys coming through! They should have thier licences suspended!

Its flippen sad that super funriders like yourselves with nothing to do during ure day sitting behind your desk not contributing to a constructive day actually look up *** like this!

The truth of the matter is i started at 5.45am with the licenced VB 35-39 and ended the race at 8.30am..I have many people to constitute i was in the group from start till finish.Im from Durban so i actually wouldnt know where i could make the route shorter cause i would get lost..

So as to you moegoes i think you should train a bit harder and try do your under 3hr race and stop talking ***.Maybe try do a bit of work aswell.

Its flippen sad that super funriders like yourselves with nothing to do during ure day sitting behind your desk not contributing to a constructive day actually look up *** like this!

The truth of the matter is i started at 5.45am with the licenced VB 35-39 and ended the race at 8.30am..I have many people to constitute i was in the group from start till finish.Im from Durban so i actually wouldnt know where i could make the route shorter cause i would get lost..

So as to you moegoes i think you should train a bit harder and try do your under 3hr race and stop talking ***.Maybe try do a bit of work aswell.

Wow....that was random??? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: