94.7 "Good on you" thread

MaxUmis

So since there are about 20 threads about what went wrong at the 94.7, lets have a 1 page thread about what went right, who do you remember doing something special.

1. The guy in F group that kept his line straight through that dropped water bottle on the M1; Good on you mate. You handled yourself like a champ.

2. The Indian lady (think she was F group too). You're an inspiration. Such a strong rider.

3. The guy on the N14 that set the pace on the climbs (actually 3 guys in black kit with lumo green and orange detailing)... Dude, respect. :thumbup:

4. The gentleman that tjooned the guys slip streaming behind his fellow female rider to make a turn up front; :lol: good on you!

So lets keep the thread about the positives and not mention Mr "I have to hit every apex" in the Livestrong kit.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The awesome support this year!! :clap:

From start to finish, definitely the best support I have ever seen at any previous 94.7

The awesome support this year!! :clap:

From start to finish, definitely the best support I have ever seen at any previous 94.7

A fine plan! Here's my list:

1) The guys in the A bunch for dodging that drunk beggar on Jam Smuts Drive - it's a miracle no one came down.

2) The "backmarkers" - it was my first time in the thick of things and the "gees" and fun aspect of the race further back was awesome. How some people finish on the (lack of) prep and poor equipment amazes and inspires me.

3) The organisation - Tanya and her crew have this race running like clockwork - some of my colleagues expressed their amazement at how fast the city was turned into a race track and back again afterwards.

4) Riding on fully closed roads. A great experience! I love riding up the M1 - way faster than Monday mornings...

5) Having the race in the first place - awesome for Joburg - awesome for cyclists. There is no other race like it in the world (argus excluded of course).

The dancing girls at the water points! :drool:

All those who came out to support and cheer us on - REALLY goes a long way!! :clap:

Yes, for the huge support from the public and everyone involved in helping plan this event, to all the people who raised money for charity. And especially to the other 23999 cyclists who didn't ride into me. :clap: :thumbup:

Had some supporters at the Summit - Mnandi interchange, and they loved the cyclists. Told me afterwards how much they respect cyclists (a lot of cyclists was cramping up in front of them)

Most of them promised to start cycling and enter for next years event!!

Well done to all cyclists!!

Huge respect to the CHOC guys. Especially those okes riding the Ice Cream three wheeler bikes for charity. Well done guys!!!

The Momentum water points. I was wearing Momentum kit and everyone at the Momentum water points went absolutely bananas when I rode past. Eventually I stopped caring about a time and would slow down and wave and laugh along just to say thank you for the support.

When I stopped at the water point on Heartbreak Hill someone ran up to me to fill my water bottles. Was like being a celebrity :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I also saw the back of the race for the 1st time - "shooting" the cows, and I wish the goodwill everyone showed could translate to the behaviour of motorists also.

Loved the guys in the "swimming pool" off Witkoppen.

Loved the dancing girls at the waterpoints

Loved the ad hoc helpers who started helping to tow the ice-cream bikes. You guys rock!

Huge respect to the CHOC guys. Especially those okes riding the Ice Cream three wheeler bikes for charity. Well done guys!!!

Why not join the herd next year?

Just an awesome day. Very well organised. When we go full out, we don't notice the incredible support at the water stations. For the first time this year got to see this when hot and very tired. The people at the water stations were always smiling, checking we were OK and giving us encouragement.

Such a positive attitude. Hopefully some will rub off on the Hub.

Joburg, you can be proud.

1. The 'F' group for keeping a nice pace up the M1

2. The pedestrians crossing Harrow Drive for missing me.

3. The big support around Rosebank area

4. The tiny blonde girl who spent most of the time on the N14 in the front.

5. The wind on the N14 for not making its usual appearance

6. well organised finish

7. My legs and lungs for making it to the end.

8. The pr*ck in the Audi who parked me in

8. The guys who had to ride in the midday heat :clap:

Good on you Mate for starting this thread ! :clap:

1) Kudos to the Momentum Water Point for having ice cold water and an excellent vibe !

2) The guys on Homestead - Douglasdale section with the 'Free Tequila' sign....next year I might even take you up on it. :P

3) The CHOC guys.

4) I returned to Witkoppen Rd at around 1200hrs (after finishing my race) and Respect to those guys cycling in the midday heat. *bow*

The 94.7 has become an icon of Jo'burg, I'll be back next year. :D

Wanna say it again. Thanks to all the dj's banging those cool beats along the route and at the watering points!

ooomphn ooomph ooomph ooomph.. tsk tsk tsk tsk :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: