The "Boss's" new bike!!

racman

So the wife's bike is now complete. Cost of R11k in total using slightly used and some new parts. I think it is stunning but then I am a bit biased (i am allowed to be - I had to pay for it!!). Put Compact crank on at "hubbers' adviceBig%20smile

So if you see a large (that's width not height) guy on a silver and black BMC SL01, and a slim, young, handsome guy (son) on a red and black BMC SSX riding with a lovely petit lady (wife of course!Big%20smile) on a stunning red and black CIOCC - that's us!!!!

(it could also mean you are riding a bit slow and need to get a move on !!LOL)

20071011_020710_RC_027.jpg
racman2007-10-11 02:47:49

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome looking bike. I have to ask this. Is the frame the same one as used on the 2007 Raleighs.

Awesome looking bike. I have to ask this. Is the frame the same one as used on the 2007 Raleighs.

No - it doesn't have any cracks !!!Big%20smile

(Remembered a joke about Raleighs and Cervelo's. Can't exactly remember the punch line but it "cracks" me up every time LOL)

Does look a bit like the Raleigh in some ways - NOT !!!!Angry (also spelled slighlty differently. RALEIGH - CIOCC, although the "I" is similairLOL)

20071011_024324_RC_032.jpg

baie mooi' date=' se vir die antie sy moet lekker ry.

Dink net hoe mooi Harmony kit saam daai bike gaan, sal baie pro lyk :-)[/quote']

Sh@$#% Pops, don't let her hear you call her "antie" - she'll throw something at youLOL

Racman,

The bike looks lovely and I hope your wife enjoys riding it.  Ciocc has a rich history of building quality bikes, so unlike like the raleighs, this should last a lot longer.

Take care

SCORPIONE

Racman' date='

The bike looks lovely and I hope your wife enjoys riding it.  Ciocc has a rich history of building quality bikes, so unlike like the raleighs, this should last a lot longer.

Take care

SCORPIONE
[/quote']

Thanks for the frame - great buy & excellent condition. Much appreciatedThumbs%20Up

looks good and a great old brand that seems to have died and been resurrected ex-the east.......so using generic open mould, etc... be careful of too much wool over the eyes

warranty and service probably better with the Raleigh - my experience anyway

looks good and a great old brand that seems to have died and been resurrected ex-the east.......so using generic open mould' date=' etc... be careful of too much wool over the eyes

warranty and service probably better with the Raleigh - my experience anyway
[/quote']

My understanding is that the Morpho2 is no longer made (as of this year) and was made in Italy, and they are only this year getting frames from the East in order to keep costs competitive. However, they could have made it in Nigeria and I would still be happy with the it as the quality, finish and condition look excellent!

A guarantee is only worthwhile having if you need it (like Raleighs?). Got the frame used from the importer at a fantastic price so very happy. Guarantee I understand but - how do you service a frame ????
racman2007-10-11 03:51:21