The "Boss's" new bike!!

racman

looks good and a great old brand that seems to have died and been resurrected ex-the east.......so using generic open mould' date=' etc... be careful of too much wool over the eyes

warranty and service probably better with the Raleigh - my experience anyway
[/quote']

My understanding is that the Morpho2 is no longer made (as of this year) and they are only this year getting frames from the East in order to keep costs competitive.

A guarantee is only worthwhile having if you need it (like Raleighs?). Got the frame used from the importer at a fantastic price so very happy. Guarantee I understand but - how do you service a frame ????

Guarantee = You get a replacement.

Service = How long will you wait.

Raleigh guarantee's all 450+ bike models we do and you will not wait longer than 5 working days till its at your dealer unless we need to import in which case we airfreight.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the wife's bike is now complete. Cost of R11k in total using slightly used and some new parts. I think it is stunning but then I am a bit biased (i am allowed to be - I had to pay for it!!). Put Compact crank on at "hubbers' adviceBig%20smile

So if you see a large (that's width not height) guy on a silver and black BMC SL01' date=' and a slim, young, handsome guy (son) on a red and black BMC SSX riding with a lovely petit lady (wife of course!Big%20smile) on a stunning red and black CIOCC - that's us!!!!

(it could also mean you are riding a bit slow and need to get a move on !!LOL)

20071011_020710_RC_027.jpg
[/quote']

If we riding with you . who cares about "SLOW" check the BIKE BLING

as long as you happy.......and agree good-looking bike! but service = how quickly will CIOCC get you on a new frame should it crack.....

remember a minority of Raleighs cracked......one was mine.....I was immediately placed on the new carbon (including fork and seat post) = service!

looks good and a great old brand that seems to have died and been resurrected ex-the east.......so using generic open mould' date=' etc... be careful of too much wool over the eyes

[/quote']

My understanding is that the Morpho2 is no longer made (as of this year) and they are only this year getting frames from the East in order to keep costs competitive.

A guarantee is only worthwhile having if you need it (like Raleighs?). Got the frame used from the importer at a fantastic price so very happy. Guarantee I understand but - how do you service a frame ????

Raleigh guarantee's all 450+ bike models we do and you will not wait longer than 5 working days till its at your dealer unless we need to import in which case we airfreight.

The point I am trying to make Brandon is that I bought the frame used for R3k (with seatpost & stem) and at the price, condition etc is fantastic. The question of guarantee etc is a mute point and irrelevent to this instance. At the price I paid and after very close inspection and discussions with the importer, I feel that the risk is entirely acceptable. So for R3k I have a frame that is beautiful, Carbon, and my wife is ecstatic about - an absolute bargain in my book and a winner!
racman2007-10-11 04:00:20

"my wife is ecstatic about"

What more could a man want?

pity it's only about the bike and not me as well !!LOL

Something's missing .... Oh yes! Where's the couch?

I will not compromise the hub ethics by taking a picture with a couch as she is not a hubber. (also, she was watching and I normally have to sneak the couch pictures when she is not looking)Big%20smile 

as long as you happy.......and agree good-looking bike! but service = how quickly will CIOCC get you on a new frame should it crack.....

remember a minority of Raleighs cracked......one was mine.....I was immediately placed on the new carbon (including fork and seat post) = service!

Granted, but as said elsewhere - at the price I have no complaints. Actualy looked at Raleigh's but a) wanted to build up according to specific wish list and b) couldn't get a frame to match this price and condition etc. 

[/quote']

The point I am trying to make Brandon is that I bought the frame used for R3k (with seatpost & stem) and at the price, condition etc is fantastic. The question of guarantee etc is a mute point and irrelevent to this instance. At the price I paid and after very close inspection and discussions with the importer, I feel that the risk is entirely acceptable. So for R3k I have a frame that is beautiful, Carbon, and my wife is ecstatic about - an absolute bargain in my book and a winner!

Racman, I wish you many happy k's. You are correct its irrelevant.

Racman,

The difference between a raleigh and other brands is that people buy top end raleighs primarilly for the components as oppsed to buying the brand for its durability or excellent workmanship. I know of many poeple that are still fighting for replacement frames. In fact I know too many people that have broken frames. People like you and me not even to mention the Microsoft team. Obviously raleigh has to have a excellent replacement policy and my guess is that they probably have the best replacement policy of all the brands out there, cos they have no choice..

Lets do a survey and see which brand has had the most comebacks due to breakages. I'll put my money on you know who.

scorpione - put your money where your mouth is and do the survey! me thinks cervelo will come out tops

Racman' date='

The difference between a raleigh and other brands is that people buy top end raleighs primarilly for the components as oppsed to buying the brand for its durability or excellent workmanship. I know of many poeple that are still fighting for replacement frames. In fact I know too many people that have broken frames. People like you and me not even to mention the Microsoft team. Obviously raleigh has to have a excellent replacement policy and my guess is that they probably have the best replacement policy of all the brands out there, cos they have no choice..

Lets do a survey and see which brand has had the most comebacks due to breakages. I'll put my money on you know who.
[/quote']

Does our success burn your butt?

Give me a call if you want stats on the number of open warranty claims at Probike. 083 458 5552.

"my wife is ecstatic about"

What more could a man want?

pity it's only about the bike and not me as well !!LOL

now, I will just find ways to make a guy happy that built me a bike like that!Big%20smile