Power Balance and the X-Files

andretraut

I am a very sceptical person by nature, takes all hot-shot stories with a pinch of salt, and can smell bullsh*t from a mile away. Guess I am fortunate in this regard as my abilities makes me relatively bullsh*t-proof! So this friend comes along last night wearing a brand new PB band, to which I immediately respond, 'What's up with the Power Balance, does it work, and how much were you ripped off?' Her response was that she sleeps better since wearing it, and that her son can touch his toes with a straight-leg bend holding the band, but could not do so without it, so I thought 'let me give it a shot'! Could NTF touch my toes bending down with straight legs, but once I had the PB band in my hand, I bended down all the way and touch my toes very comfortably...WTF! So now I am confused, why could'nt I do it without the band, so I ran another test, bending down holding my Visa card with the hologram, but it did'nt work. Conclusion : If an arm band with a rather inconspicious appearance, which only costs about R200 can make me more flexible, what other benefits does it holds! We often spend R2000 to shed a few grams to make our bikes faster, or buy R500 energy supplements to go harder, why not spend R200 on a PB band! I'm off to the shops later today to make a small investment in my cycling performance. Agree, disagree, whateva!

... making a small investment in your cycling performance?? Uhm, its been proven over and over for many years that there is not magic potion to improve performance in any sports other than training your but off.

Since the powerbalance thing came out, I've become a better climber. No I haven't boyught one. I replaced my indoor training interval sessions in the week with a hill repeat session, and do a ride during the weekend that also includes hills. Not with some expensive piece of plastic.

Yeah I'm not too sure either - my friends bought it also for R200 andclaim it works, did a test on me and I'm still sceptical .......... also an eye for bulls$%%^&*()t anyway now my cycling partner has one and claims his cycling improved ........mmmmmmmm still I don't see it and still can't stick with me on the hills etc......

So nou ya - I'll invest in training !!!!

this morning Stephen Grootes on 703 had people phone in on this, and many said it worked, one woman in Sandton calimed it helped her dog with its hip problems.

this morning Stephen Grootes on 703 had people phone in on this, and many said it worked, one woman in Sandton calimed it helped her dog with its hip problems.

No one say if they waisted money on something. The same with bicycles. How many times have you seen a for sale item where the seller said the item is crap and does not do what it is suppose to do, never. They always "upgrade".

Will it help with Impotence caused by cycling as well :D... What will the TV sell...

Only TV add thing I got is that power bar thing to get my upper body to work again.

I just need a way that can get my legs to put out the same power when they work.