Giant vs Scott

Andrewcapetown

HI

I am hoping you can give me some advice

I am looking at buying either

2010 Giant Anthem x2 or a

2011 Scott Spark 50

The Scott comes with peddles, is about R1000.00 cheaper, seems lighter.

The Scott dealer says his bike is better. It also has a lock on handle bars for the shocks.

Plse give me some opinions!!

http://www.scott-sports.com/gb_en/product/10023/55391/217931

http://www.olympiccycles.co.za/view_product_details.aspx?id=d08a5709-310a-48e2-a53b-20ecd5899a3d&nam=ANTHEM%20X2

Edited by Andrewcapetown

You can not go wrong with the Giant.

But then again, do you want to compare the two for value for money?

Post the links to the 2 here and you should get plenty comments.

I used to ride Giant bikes but Scott just took it to a new level for me. Really impressed with them. Very light bikes as well

had a road scott and now ride a giant anthem x ......love the bike ! if i wanted the same drive train and spec on a scot it would be hugely expensive ... i think the scott might be under spec to the giant if it is cheaper ...

for value for money .giant !

for snob brand appeal ...scott !

good luck

had a road scott and now ride a giant anthem x ......love the bike ! if i wanted the same drive train and spec on a scot it would be hugely expensive ... i think the scott might be under spec to the giant if it is cheaper ...

for value for money .giant !

for snob brand appeal ...scott !

good luck

thxs for the help!!

Got into this same debate with the Scott riders at work. I have an anthem X build up from parts I have chosen. Both of these are great bikes though, I prefer the anthem personally.

And generally the anthem is known to be better speced than the scott not sure about your two models your showing here and too lazy to check but from historical research the scott's were waaaaay more expensive per model than the Anthem and if I had to spend that price difference on the anthem the anthem would be lighter than the scott.

Got into this same debate with the Scott riders at work. I have an anthem X build up from parts I have chosen. Both of these are great bikes though, I prefer the anthem personally.

And generally the anthem is known to be better speced than the scott not sure about your two models your showing here and too lazy to check but from historical research the scott's were waaaaay more expensive per model than the Anthem and if I had to spend that price difference on the anthem the anthem would be lighter than the scott.

my anthem i built up too with full xtr ...rp23 and reba race ...on american classics ..comes in at 10.6kgs

this spec in the scott will be over 50k