Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

JA, whateva........rub it in........lucky bugger

(Enjoy and appreciate)

I got scammed by a little old Chinese lady on my ride.Ran out of water at 3km on a 6km climb and when i arrived at her restaurant she saw i was desperate and she charged me a fortune for a Coke.

I got scammed by a little old Chinese lady on my ride.Ran out of water at 3km on a 6km climb and when i arrived at her restaurant she saw i was desperate and she charged me a fortune for a Coke.

OUCH.....a climb you say......please explain in numbers what a climb looks like there......so it is 6km (and the rest? elevation, etc).

Nice pictures by the way.

Edited by BarHugger

No hills under 1.5km here.....avg gradient is around 5-8% with some of the steeper sections 18-22%.

Hills can go up to 8-9km....that's almost 90minutes of climbing for me.

50km ride today with 898m total elevation gain.

Bottelary hills. With my girl and very old 26er

How old is she?

Fantastic quality time

To a quaint little coffee shop.

http://pics.campl.us/f/2/20358.dfb5b9afbfddb51fbe3ca4c87a60c442.jpg

Love those bikes :drool: :drool:

How far was the cycle to the said coffee shop.?

Tokai yet again but this time with added idiot.

Our eldest, Byron who has never ridden a mountain bike, decided to wind up the youngest (Ben who rides all the trails at Tokai around four times a week) by telling him that he could beat him up and down "Easily". He forgot to factor in the fact that at the time there was a spare bike in the house.

So it was 18 years old v 11 years old, there could be only one.

It was a massacre for poor Byron, despite years of dedicated thumb training on an Xbox, he was in a state of shock within minutes. Uphill, downhill, flat, jumps, rolls, smooth, rough it didn't matter to him he could walk them all.

His face when he watched his little brother pull off a jump (the table at the start of My Roots) was worth the entry fee alone.

When your 11 year brother is worrying about your health and safety you know its going wrong...

Good day out though and there is at least one 18 year old that will think carefully before bragging or making bets in the future.

Tokai yet again but this time with added idiot.

Our eldest, Byron who has never ridden a mountain bike, decided to wind up the youngest (Ben who rides all the trails at Tokai around four times a week) by telling him that he could beat him up and down "Easily". He forgot to factor in the fact that at the time there was a spare bike in the house.

So it was 18 years old v 11 years old, there could be only one.

It was a massacre for poor Byron, despite years of dedicated thumb training on an Xbox, he was in a state of shock within minutes. Uphill, downhill, flat, jumps, rolls, smooth, rough it didn't matter to him he could walk them all.

His face when he watched his little brother pull off a jump (the table at the start of My Roots) was worth the entry fee alone.

When your 11 year brother is worrying about your health and safety you know its going wrong...

Good day out though and there is at least one 18 year old that will think carefully before bragging or making bets in the future.

that put a smile on my face, and guaranteed it will to whoever reads this...

Kudo's to the young chap! :clap: :clap: :clap:

might i ask what was the bet, somebody's gotta do dishes for the rest of the month!!! :whistling:

that put a smile on my face, and guaranteed it will to whoever reads this...

Kudo's to the young chap! :clap: :clap: :clap:

might i ask what was the bet, somebody's gotta do dishes for the rest of the month!!! :whistling:

Loser gets dog poo removal duties...