• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted pic this earlier today in the wrong thread, so sorry for the double post of the same image. 

Anyway, was out in the mountains in the Umvoti valley this morning. I haven't been out there in a while and forgot how incredible the area is (and how hard those hills are). The picture (from my phone) doesn't do the scene justice - click to enlarge.

post-22004-0-34422300-1434893765_thumb.jpg

if I lived in CPT i would definitely be more on a MTB than a roadie, you guys have some of the best scenery there

Did a little lazy ride through the City centre, the Green Point cycle lanes, Green Point Park, Sea Point promenade and the Atlantic side. There are enough cobbles to make it feel like Belgium. What a stunning winter solstice ride!

The old lady still rides like a dream and I decided that I should look at the her through new glasses!

post-17716-0-05826800-1434896473_thumb.jpg

if I lived in CPT i would definitely be more on a MTB than a roadie, you guys have some of the best scenery there

Go back to my pic a couple of posts ago. That's about 50km north of DBN. And that's just 1 valley. Then there's the next one and the next one. You can be out there for weeks and never ride the same section twice.

And then there's the Tugela valley are just 100km north of DBN. One drop-in I know of, you drop nearly 1 vertical km to the valley below. And I've only scratched the surface of one little corner of that epic valley.

Then go northwards to PMB/Hilton/Karkloof and you get a whole new experience in those forests. 

Then we've got the Freedom Trail.

And, and, and....

In fact, join me for a few rides in our KZN 'outback' and you may just sell your road bike and just focus on mtb ;)

Edited by tombeej

sorry to spoil it for you but that's on the side of a road :whistling:

it is real pretty and a quiet road but still a tarred road

and to ride bottelerey you have to travel there by road

maybe you should get that mtb and follow tombeej around

Edited by velomonatiCT

Go back to my pic a couple of posts ago. That's about 50km north of DBN. And that's just 1 valley. Then there's the next one and the next one. You can be out there for weeks and never ride the same section twice.

And then there's the Tugela valley are just 100km north of DBN. One drop-in I know of, you drop nearly 1 vertical km to the valley below. And I've only scratched the surface of one little corner of that epic valley.

Then go northwards to PMB/Hilton/Karkloof and you get a whole new experience in those forests. 

Then we've got the Freedom Trail.

And, and, and....

In fact, join me for a few rides in our KZN 'outback' and you may just sell your road bike and just focus on mtb ;)

Hey Tombeej. This is Umvoti valley ride I did a while ago. Some awesome riding. Let me know if you ever want to come out and explore a bit.

post-40998-0-86686800-1434911182_thumb.jpg

post-40998-0-16512700-1434911256_thumb.jpg

Did some riding in the Breede River Valley today.[emoji4]

Took my wife and some close friends for a short ride today,was a really slow ride as this lot are all relative beginners.post-54774-1434914858,0496.jpgpost-54774-1434915054,7919.jpgMy mate trying to be supportive with his wife as it was her first time on a bicycle in 13years.post-54774-1434915254,1158.jpgWe found the way she chose to wear her helmet very amusing,but she refused to be corrected....women......[emoji48]

Hey Tombeej. This is Umvoti valley ride I did a while ago. Some awesome riding. Let me know if you ever want to come out and explore a bit.

Yeah, always keen  :thumbup: .

Will send you a PM.