Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Ok, so this one turned out to be quite tough because of that 9km never-ending climb at about 51km I think. Man - it took me an hour to get to the top!

Cycled with a couple of mates who were new to MTB but mad enough to do this race. One went OTB on that steep loose descent after the first water point.

He had some "interesting" cuts and grazes and my plasters wouldn't stick on him but a good Samaritan had Staaldruppels and a bandage thing which patched him up.

If he sees this post - Cheers mate! thanks for stopping and helping!

kudos mate. You make me kinda glad I didn't manage to find accomadtion . Ashburton marathons are always tough.

Clearly your mates are mad ????

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Morzine to Avoriaz via Montriond, Lindarets, Col de la doux Vuerte. By far the toughest and best road ride of my life. 12% gradient in places. This place is cycling heaven. DH bikes. Enduro bikes. Road bikes. There really is A LOT for everyone here.

Very jealous Duane. Even though I've known about your getting bitten by the road bug, I never thought I'd really see you in lycra! Enjoy! 

Edited by DJR

Very jealous Duane. Even though I've known about your getting bitten by the road bug, I never thought I'd really see you in lycra! Enjoy!

Ha! Did you notice the silver roadie shoes?

In all seriousness tho. I'm loving the road riding. The smells and tastes and the distance you can cover and the feeling of freedom is incredible. The bikes are amazing too. Every single pedal input goes into creating forward motion. Add to that my "local" is arguably the best road climb in the world.

What's not to love?

Going through some difficult things at home and at these times 'a bicycle ride is a flight from sadness' and no you don't even need sweet singletrack or awesome downhills or the like .... a ride any ride seems to somehow lift the spirits a tad :mellow:

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2016-09-03 at 08.23.26.jpeg

Sterkte NSBB! Hope the riding helps with giving you strength and peace!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

What stunning countryside and spectacular views...very very very awesome

The pictures don't remotely do it justice. Yesterday I got the best view of Mont Blanc I've seen. There are sensations you get on a bike you'll NEVER get in a car.

Gonna organize a Roadie trip next year. Fancy doing Ramaz, Joux Plane, Corbier, Joux Verte, Col de Cou and a day trip out to Alp du Huez?

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Going through some difficult things at home and at these times 'a bicycle ride is a flight from sadness' and no you don't even need sweet singletrack or awesome downhills or the like .... a ride any ride seems to somehow lift the spirits a tad  :mellow:

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2016-09-03 at 08.23.26.jpeg

Let me know if there is something I can help with.  :thumbup: