Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

The shite with me is that the older I get the more hardegat I get. I have a point to prove and am willing to kill myself proving that point.

It hurts like hell to no longer have the ability to mix it up at the sharp end of the race.

I think I have found my happy place in ultra endurance stuff. Chilled crowd of hard ass okes trying to finish epic stuff

I like it.

Welcome to my world ;)

(Although I was never really able to mix it at the front on the short stuff...)

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, Red Riding Hood took me to hospital in stead of one last hard ride before the Cape Town Cycle Tour.

I had a nasty crash last weekend and broke part of my scapula on the same shoulder I broke the clavicle before. Spent the last week in the claws of the medics, or spaced out on pain meds. Already had surgery to put it together, adding even more titanium, but no riding for 8 weeks.

I've decided to not get depressed about it because it was close enough that both David and I are lucky that we are around at all, thanks to a very sharp driver who managed to swerve incredibly quickly to avoid us as we fell in front of him. I think I offered D a soft landing, so he walked away with only roasties and he'll still ride come Sunday as part of a reduced team DJR. Incredibly, I have no head injuries, despite a chunk of my helmet that broke off and is missing.  

Both bikes are fine but Red Riding Hood needs some tlc and D needs a new saddle, the rail on one side is broken and it's as skew as my arm.

Sadly, Red Riding Hood took me to hospital in stead of one last hard ride before the Cape Town Cycle Tour.

I had a nasty crash last weekend and broke part of my scapula on the same shoulder I broke the clavicle before. Spent the last week in the claws of the medics, or spaced out on pain meds. Already had surgery to put it together, adding even more titanium, but no riding for 8 weeks.

I've decided to not get depressed about it because it was close enough that both David and I are lucky that we are around at all, thanks to a very sharp driver who managed to swerve incredibly quickly to avoid us as we fell in front of him. I think I offered D a soft landing, so he walked away with only roasties and he'll still ride come Sunday as part of a reduced team DJR. Incredibly, I have no head injuries, despite a chunk of my helmet that broke off and is missing.  

Both bikes are fine but Red Riding Hood needs some tlc and D needs a new saddle, the rail on one side is broken and it's as skew as my arm.

Hectic man. Take it easy and heal up. At least I am not the only "dangerous" one!

Heal up well D. 

Sorry to hear D, hope you heal up quickly and completely. (Even though we are older!)

C

Well ****, that's a scary one, glad to hear you guy's are okay for the most part. Hope you heal up soon hey and glad to hear the hips aren't damaged......you know how troublesome the hips are at your age.. ...[emoji12]

Hectic bru.

Glad you okish.

Recovery ride today = training block 2 done. One more block to go before Maluti.

fddfc251e33779f59f986718d4ce1a9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those clouds... ????