Thomas River to Komga

5fe0b3ff15e7b517d25b983f3ecdb99c.jpg

c91e3ba6ae61b216276712e10b723048.jpg

02c31e86a9c09dae5b64bc7895d29d4a.jpg

Komga to Morgan Bay

195313e4ff0146426843e8813f7be9bb.jpg

a3e81a535475e8c4fa54098c3c6942f3.jpg

70e0e1a07f112449bbb17fea4c0b19af.jpg

Thanks for riding Fanie, my dream coming true. Why no pics of the harried course designer. I didn't stand still enough to be in any pics.

Now for next year

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

That ride is so on my bucket list

That special, Fanie [emoji1476]

Come join me. The route is still a bit rough and ready, but we're learning and will steadily improve. Day 2 though is still a beeatch.

Thanks for riding Fanie, my dream coming true. Why no pics of the harried course designer. I didn't stand still enough to be in any pics.

Now for next year

You talking about this oke?

c769f147b6dd136bf4d5a2437caa37de.jpg

Along the 7 passes road and above Sedgefield is a town that time forgot called Karatara - it's plain weird, the residents look related and probably are. It's a mixed community and you couldn't say anyone is this or that. Behind it are some majestic mountain trails and beauty but the town doesn't have much to show off. The church got to pose with my bike. I took the shot and hightailed out of there chop chop before the banjo players could kidnap me

Great scenery I'm sure. Quite an interesting history around the town.

When we went through there a few years ago we were shown some special hospitality when we showed interest on one of the families' lavish veggie garden.

If your shoe sole came lose in a country where you know it might take while to get your size, you stop and make use of the roadside service options available. (Asked for glue but received the stitching as a bonus when I returned after an hour of rest. )12f7e7f9ae1eb39c2130e7ed3d357eb2.jpg

usually if I do it is in stealth mode :P

did end up spending a good bit of my riding time "Off" the trail ..... is you see what looks like new trails in the bushes, please ignore, it was just me :P

o you can ride

If your shoe sole came lose in a country where you know it might take while to get your size, you stop and make use of the roadside service options available. (Asked for glue but received the stitching as a bonus when I returned after an hour of rest. )12f7e7f9ae1eb39c2130e7ed3d357eb2.jpg

Get some 2-part epoxy. Mix it and work it into the little holes with a toothpick, put a thin layer over the thread as well. The repair will last for ever!

Get some 2-part epoxy. Mix it and work it into the little holes with a toothpick, put a thin layer over the thread as well. The repair will last for ever!

Good idea, thanks will do.  I was at first taken a bit aback with the un-requested holes and stitching, but then realised it is probably stronger than before and exactly what is needed to keep me going...

Good idea, thanks will do.  I was at first taken a bit aback with the un-requested holes and stitching, but then realised it is probably stronger than before and exactly what is needed to keep me going...

I bought new pair of expensive mtb shoes a few years ago and on the very first ride I cut the shoe open on the side, on a sharp piece of wood. I stitched it up with similar thick (leather work) thread, added the epoxy glue wherever I was worried the thread would wear through. The repair looked terrible, but it lasted for years. Mine was on a black part of the shoe, so I also coloured the repair with a black permanent marker to camouflage it a bit.