Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

The donkey berms is open, everyone rode it saturday and sunday.

Why is it now an issue?

Why didnt you have signage or barrier to indicate its closed?

As far as your exclusive club is concerned, you know I am not interested in privatising public facilities. If it was private land then it would be a different story thanks. 

I will put my flame suit on and await all the comments from the club members.

Oh, you're talking about the "Broken Road". The Donkey trail is not open but now that that's clear, as you were.

As for the rest, exclusivity is not our thing but if you ever find it in you to support us with a meager R400 per year so we can continue open more cool stuff, I've posted the link. 

See you on the mountain.

Laters!

Edited by (Deon)

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back, I see

And didnt bother. Looking forward, I see the rest of donkey

Which is part of

Clearly not marked closed. 

Anyone who knows me knows I wouldnt waste my time hauling 110kg to go look at a trail I cant ride. 

The donkey berms is open, everyone rode it saturday and sunday.

Why is it now an issue?

Why didnt you have signage or barrier to indicate its closed?

As far as your exclusive club is concerned, you know I am not interested in privatising public facilities. If it was private land then it would be a different story thanks. 

I will put my flame suit on and await all the comments from the club members.

How is asking for a "membership fee" that goes directly into the trails, for which you get a small board as thanks and proof of donation, an "exclusive club"? It's not a requirement to be able to ride the trails, and there's no exclusivity. You donate to Tokai MTB, you contribute to the trails, and you get the board if you want to display that you've contributed. Simple. 

It's not privatising public facilities, either. It's to ensure an ongoing stream of income so that the trails can be developed. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

The first people to complain are always the ones that dont pay. Simple. R400 is for free to ride trails like that. You guys are very lucky.

Nah the R400 is over and above the fee we pay to SANParks, as Parks give hardly anything back into the trails (except recently, for the first time ever)

So ja, it's an extra, but it still only takes the total cost (incl trail donation) to R 750 per person if you do the group wildcard purchase thing. 

A ride up to the top of the "Comodoto" peak using the Zona Zero Alpine route ZA-03 - top of the climb is some interesting "Hike-n-Bike".... but the views were worth it! Will do a proper report on my Pyrenees thread :-)

Mark and Hendry - an old friend and a new friend - both from Scotland . . . .

post-4874-0-41877000-1574759701_thumb.jpg

Nah the R400 is over and above the fee we pay to SANParks, as Parks give hardly anything back into the trails (except recently, for the first time ever)

So ja, it's an extra, but it still only takes the total cost (incl trail donation) to R 750 per person if you do the group wildcard purchase thing. 

The way I see it is like this:

I pay SANParks (a grudge fee) for entry (permit or activity card) into a National Park. That allows me to be up there in Tokai. To ride jeep track and badly eroded paths that are dangerous and boring. I know this money goes into their upkeep of all our non-profitable National Parks, so I suppose it keeps a rhino or two alive.

Then I donate (with a smile) a couple of Bob to Tokai Mtb ("membership") for trail building so that I can ride really cool trails with BERMS all over the place, jumps (small ones for me, thank you), with great flow and fun to ride. Oh, and for maintenance so the dangerous things get fixed (I've had enough of breaking bones).

The way I see it is like this:

I pay SANParks (a grudge fee) for entry (permit or activity card) into a National Park. That allows me to be up there in Tokai. To ride jeep track and badly eroded paths that are dangerous and boring. I know this money goes into their upkeep of all our non-profitable National Parks, so I suppose it keeps a rhino or two alive.

Then I donate (with a smile) a couple of Bob to Tokai Mtb ("membership") for trail building so that I can ride really cool trails with BERMS all over the place, jumps (small ones for me, thank you), with great flow and fun to ride. Oh, and for maintenance so the dangerous things get fixed (I've had enough of breaking bones).

100 cements