• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

With life being a bit crazy at this stage I needed to get muddy at some stage this weekend just to balance it all out. Went out for an "easy" ride yet managed to set a new max HR. Luckily I had a rain jacket as I was caught in a few light showers.

I've started settling on my ideal tyre pressure with the 2.8s, seems to be around 25PSI (~1.7 bar) front and back. Can't believe the difference in comfort and grip versus the 2.1/2.25 combo I had on the previous bike.

And before anyone has a fit, the EMBP's track is really hardpacked, feels a lot like cement. To make sure I did no harm only rode the veld sections and hardpack trail sections.

post-131650-0-99263200-1575884922_thumb.jpg

post-131650-0-73435100-1575885009_thumb.jpg

Edited by TyronLab

Flies, almost none .. I have yet to see any snake on the trail, but I'm normally on the trail at sunrise so don't think they active that early yet

Best time to ride .... beat the heat, most of the flies and any snakes on the trails :P

Best time to ride .... beat the heat, most of the flies and any snakes on the trails :P

And best of all... If you fall, there isn't anyone around to laugh at you

Flies, almost none .. I have yet to see any snake on the trail, but I'm normally on the trail at sunrise so don't think they active that early yet

Yeah, me too, Twaatie.

Before the serpents start their suntanning, I too love to hit them trails.

And the relative peace before the Enduro okes wake up from their braai last night...

And best of all... If you fall, there isn't anyone around to laugh at you

And the relative peace before the Enduro okes wake up from their braai last night...

So we going to hook up for a Hoogies spin one early morning this December holidays?

To work. Claremont Boulevard bypass. Some mornings are just SO PERFECT, it is near impossible to understand why anyone would choose to commute by car. 

Ever seen those google map toyota prius' with the camera on top? Your shadow looks like the "even more environmentally friendly than a prius version" of a google maps camera.

How were the flies?

Any snakes?

Wanna hit this one lekka early in December, Twaatie

No flies when the southeaster blows, not above knee height anyway ;)

Cool :-) We should go for a ride....if you are not too fast :-)

I’m on the other side of fast. You need not worry :-) Look forward to hooking up a ride soon!!