• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knew shuttling Tokai would be a thing!!!??? With the new downhill dash between the Silvermine top gate and the DH tracks, shuttling is worthwhile...3 runs and you poked, with 27km under the belt! And those walls on the new "old" transit section between level 5 and 4 make it worthwhile!! Well done to the new crew at TokaiMTB and DuranDuran for bringing a bit of the French to Cape Town trails!! 

Tokai sure has had as makeover!

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2019-12-22 at 21.08.11.png

PS still looking for the best route to get to the top of the new Donkey Trail...it looks STEEP AF from level 5!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buSVia-RQTY&feature=youtu.be

Who knew shuttling Tokai would be a thing!!!??? With the new downhill dash between the Silvermine top gate and the DH tracks, shuttling is worthwhile...3 runs and you poked, with 27km under the belt! And those walls on the new "old" transit section between level 5 and 4 make it worthwhile!! Well done to the new crew at TokaiMTB and DuranDuran for bringing a bit of the French to Cape Town trails!! 

Tokai sure has had as makeover!

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2019-12-22 at 21.08.11.png

PS still looking for the best route to get to the top of the new Donkey Trail...it looks STEEP AF from level 5!!!!!!

There is no easy way. Up to the silvermine gate, then on to the Silvermine loop or whatever you wanna call it. That steep ass concrete dual track is the only way. 

There is no easy way. Up to the silvermine gate, then on to the Silvermine loop or whatever you wanna call it. That steep ass concrete dual track is the only way. 

:D Yup, that is the correct terminology for the way up there :D

We used to ride from our house in Fish Hoek,through the Golf Club,up Ou Wa Pad,up the steep ass road then drop in on the right into level 5 I think it was down Tokai and on to Kalk Bay for Ice cream

A good ride

Betty's bay to Kogelberg and back a few days ago. Northwester was blowing crazy but nice and still inside the mountains.

Looks NICE

Where does this trail start ?  Do we need a day permit, if so, where can we buy it ?