• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

African Harrier-Hawk.The yellow face means its pissed off.

Interesting to know, i watched it fly over me a few times and i was totally stunned by it's size. Stopped to these pictures. I zoomed in quite a bit to get them.

African Harrier-Hawk.The yellow face means its pissed off.

I was just about to disagree and say that it is a Gymnogene...........but, having made an arse of myself at bird ID before, I double checked...........and learnt that an African Harrier Hawk and a Gymnogene is one and the same thing! Cool. My "learn something new every day" thing!  :thumbup:

Interesting to know, i watched it fly over me a few times and i was totally stunned by it's size. Stopped to these pictures. I zoomed in quite a bit to get them.

"...In courtship display or aggression their bare faces blush from yellow to red"

So it wasn't yet ready to post on bikehub about my buff at my neck while trying get closer

Very cool sighting.Not often you see them.

I was just about to disagree and say that it is a Gymnogene...........but, having made an arse of myself at bird ID before, I double checked...........and learnt that an African Harrier Hawk and a Gymnogene is one and the same thing! Cool. My "learn something new every day" thing!  :thumbup:

Ha ha.I always hated the name Gymnogene.Just did not click.All my old books list it as Gymnogene.Was relieved when they changed the name.

a0c4f6af24edc68525bf6ccd4ea22346.jpg

Decided to give a KOM a go, took that one, plus another - then...

Swapped shoes and bike, to go for a short ride with my eldest daughter. This photo (below) belongs in the “Riding with kids thread”.

eca227297153595d0de7d595adb69f53.jpg

That cannot be comfortable.....