• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't they bulldoze another small town that was in the way of the mine?

Yup. Original Sishen town is now gone, they have a handful of residents in Dingleton that are refusing to budge and are trying to milk Anglo for every penny they can. Good for them I guess.

A bit of Thaba fun (not the climbing)...met 2 young lads,twins. ( and think it was there step Dad ) it was cool to join them and watch the youngsters .

What's the condition of Thaba now post lockdown? I've been meaning to give it a go at some stage as its relatively close to me and by accounts gives some decent technical riding options.

What's the condition of Thaba now post lockdown? I've been meaning to give it a go at some stage as its relatively close to me and by accounts gives some decent technical riding options.

I can only comment on the green route and that has been well maintained and even improvements and changes done during lockdown. @Pikey can comment on the more 'gnarly' bits...

I can only comment on the green route and that has been well maintained and even improvements and changes done during lockdown. @Pikey can comment on the more 'gnarly' bits...

Ran there this morning. Green route plus a couple blue pieces thrown in. Condition overall is good. They burnt the veld last week so not alot of long grass. Trails themselves pretty well maintained. "Henry" was a little overgrown but nothing serious at all.

For R20 it's an absolute bargain.

Atlantic Ride - With Beattbox and T. The ocean out there is angry like I have not seen it before from Chappies.Massive swells are rolling in from the Southwest, smashing themselves into a foamy froth against the foot of Chappies. Beautiful! Dramatic! Got wet and cold, but also grew a big fat grin in the process!

post-17716-0-08618400-1593339756_thumb.jpg

As NSBB said the green is very well maintained . Wendell has added some nice little additions to the green. Rode there today again and some more blue bits..most of it pretty ok . Last bit from Barry’s point is a tad overgrown but all the bits I did are completely rideable . Some nice new jumps and rock rollers ????????

Always keen to ride there ,drop me a pm if you keen .

post-51529-0-55499900-1593350562_thumb.jpeg