• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I hit the deck hard!

I think my front wheel clipped something at the exact moment a lent the bike and pushed into the corner. 5mm either side and i would have been golden.

The pinkie is fine. 2 metacarpals busted behind the knuckle. Luckily my bike is steel so it is as good as the 1st day it rode over chappies! But both shifters are bent and broken, bars dinged and scratched up and the bar tape is a write off... The rest looks like it used my body well to protect it. Not even a scuff on the saddle!!!

1 super duper uncool outcome is my brand new shoes are wrecked... I really am genuinely bleak about that. They are/were amazing shoes which I now need to replace.

Hope you heal up soon

Paarl Mountain and some Diamant sections

Beautiful photo.

Can you recommend a trail in the Paarl region? I checked on the website and there is so many to choose from, but would prefer a trail of between 20km-30km for someone with between beginners and intermediate skills and fitness.

Beautiful photo.

Can you recommend a trail in the Paarl region? I checked on the website and there is so many to choose from, but would prefer a trail of between 20km-30km for someone with between beginners and intermediate skills and fitness.

I think the Red Route at Rhebokskloof will be a great option! Or park in Frater Square, get your permit at Bicycle Garage in the square. From there, pedal up to the tower, and go down with the Rhebokskloof black route. That is just over 30km and the climbing from this side is much more relaxed than the climbing in Rhebokskloof.

I think the Red Route at Rhebokskloof will be a great option! Or park in Frater Square, get your permit at Bicycle Garage in the square. From there, pedal up to the tower, and go down with the Rhebokskloof black route. That is just over 30km and the climbing from this side is much more relaxed than the climbing in Rhebokskloof.

Thank you for the information, the scenery there looks awesome.

Hello this near where I live it is an abandoned air base you can find further information here

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC370P6_horn-mountain-keratovouni?guid=ddfe3774-fe0b-4bc2-b8b8-62f1e01d2ecf

As for the beauty this is my dream bike built completely custom with xcr tubing at 6580 gr you can find more info here

https://www.pedalroom.com/bike/cicli-barco-xcr-chameleon-44020

394fbb90f9f9f4df9c6377a49e450891.jpg7f8757f7a6608bc4b1a1b829aadb1cc8.jpg7fe1c40d57c507fdf45c0ef5607f279d.jpg

Start a thread for all your bikes or post here :thumbup: You can post pics and spec of all but leave the Pinarello out :whistling:  :w00t:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/113216-all-things-colnago/

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/46935-retro-bicycle-thread/

...to a very dark place.

My MTB seemingly hates me ever since I got it back and it discovered another bike had been added to the family. Last night i walked home after destroying a rear tire on god knows what. This morning I broke the chain smashing up the last hill about 1km away from home and almost had an involuntary gender transition. Luckily i could bodge the chain with the quicklink already on there so didn't have to walk hom again.

Ungrateful bastard, i basically had to buy it back from its kidnappers after spending 3 weeks looking for it, stripped it down to nuts and bolts and rebuilt it. I even bought it a new saddle....and this is the thanks i get. Fml.