• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

my stomach and bum is the only thing that appears steeper...

One thing I've found to be true, is that when you look down, everything you wanted to look smaller, looks bigger. And everything you wanted to look bigger, looks smaller...

Has it ever tipped over and gone for a swim?

There is a first time for everything. This wasn't it... I guess if I tempt fate long enough...

There is a first time for everything. This wasn't it... I guess if I tempt fate long enough...

btw, cool paint job.

I see the saddle is quite far back. A setback seat post might be better. Saddle rails usually have a min and max position for clamping.

Edited by MrJacques

I got my Malva and custard filled belly dropped off in Knysna this morning and followed the 7 passes home for a super hot and hilly 70km (I round up)

This is from Phantom pass - I know the chainring is supposed to face the camera but my OCD has a problem with that law.

I have to face my bike in the direction I'm travelling

According to my Garmin I climbed 1402m in my 67km at a blistering 17,4km average (think a few stops may be included or I am really slowing down) The average temp for my ride was 30.7 which is toasty around here and my bright red face is proof.  I bonked properly at 50 as I decided to skip breakfast.  Skipping food has not been happening much recently

If I keep up this start and stay away from the nougat, lindt balls, rusks, custard, nik naks, third helpings and beer then I might have a fighting chance 

post-81229-0-93955000-1610025097_thumb.jpg

After breakfast at Peregrine, had a shuttle ride along the N2 before riding down the Houw Hoek pass and then back to Kleinmond. A little toasty out at lunch time.

I’m glad I rode down this pass before deciding (against) riding to Houw Hoek Farm Stall, for apple pie; it’s a horrible path with lots of soft sand.

f3edcff8173d0b836a326dd89a780af4.jpg

a25b7000b7c482288ef7ac7039d0a5ee.jpg