Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Went for an early morning hike in HB

Then I went for a "hike" in my wetsuit to Sandy Bay

We went for a little Greenbelter on the MTB's. First time on a mountain bike in maybe 6 months.

My overriding impression of the whole day was an ASTOUNDING amount of dog poo everywhere. Really incredibly disgusting. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Went for an early morning hike in HB

Then I went for a "hike" in my wetsuit to Sandy Bay

We went for a little Greenbelter on the MTB's. First time on a mountain bike in maybe 6 months.

My overriding impression of the whole day was an ASTOUNDING amount of dog poo everywhere. Really incredibly disgusting. 

That bit from the car park up the hill going to sandy bay must be the worst around. The side of the road and the pavement is paved in ****.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

That bit from the car park up the hill going to sandy bay must be the worst around. The side of the road and the pavement is paved in ****.

There and pretty much the whole of the Constantia greenbelt. I checked under my shoes multiple times. Disgusting doesn't even begin to cover it.

There and pretty much the whole of the Constantia greenbelt. I checked under my shoes multiple times. Disgusting doesn't even begin to cover it.

Anywhere within a 100 metres from a car park where people walk their dogs is always disgusting. 

c4b0f424d541f786f33d8cc0653577a9.jpg

Just over 180km of dedicated cycle track in Dubai. Very lucky. But a few drawbacks. Riding on public roads very dangerous and mostly illegal, so it’s the same tracks day in day out, it’s FLAT here, and I mean FLAT! The car racing circuits are open on Wednesday nights for cycling so that’s cool as well. I’m not complaining though.

I met a guy from Dubai in Italy a few years back. About 30min into climbing Stelvio, he said that we have just done more climbing in that 30mins of riding than he did the entire previous year in Dubai. 

Anywhere within a 100 metres from a car park where people walk their dogs is always disgusting. 

There seems to be a cosmic link between dogs anuses and their owners ability to see. Dog gets exited. Dog takes a dump. This isn't exactly unprecedented behavior. And yet.....

There's a little 60m path between baviaanskloof road and military road in HB. The amount of dog poo there is unbelievable. And there's a little bin with poo bags right there.

c4b0f424d541f786f33d8cc0653577a9.jpg

Just over 180km of dedicated cycle track in Dubai. Very lucky. But a few drawbacks. Riding on public roads very dangerous and mostly illegal, so it’s the same tracks day in day out, it’s FLAT here, and I mean FLAT! The car racing circuits are open on Wednesday nights for cycling so that’s cool as well. I’m not complaining though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKRxyppnlUN/

Edited by Eddy Gordo

I met a guy from Dubai in Italy a few years back. About 30min into climbing Stelvio, he said that we have just done more climbing in that 30mins of riding than he did the entire previous year in Dubai.

He’s be correct! But we do have wind to contend with at times and that can be brutal. We’ve got one proper climb here, JebelJais, it’s well over 1400m of climbing, but about 90min outside Dubai. The rest is a pancake.

Near Beaufort West. This pass is amazing. Sorry I didn't get any photos. Bit tricky to take pictures, ride and try and stay alive

How's the gravel road between Loxton and Bft West now?

Last time I was there was in 2017 and it was heavily corrugated and sharp rocks in the road. Saw four SUVs/bakkies stationary on that small section of gravel busy fitting spare wheels.

I was just about to talk about this. The first 20 or so odd kilometers from Loxton are corrugated. I would say not bad. The rest of the road is fairly decent. I was averaging 23 km/h. That road is absolutely stunning. I slept half way near a small water feature (pond). I love that road. Then the last little bit to BW I saw a few animals in the park. I would say the road is not bad at all. Only saw about 5 cars in the 120 kilometers.

Copperhead you are as tuff as nails.

Respect for the distance you have travelled.

Calvinia to Kenhardt was an achievement, to be blown away by the traverse from Upington to Marydale in a storm.

Marydale past Prieska to Britstown must have been brutal.

Chapeau

Always welcome in Upington, still owe you a braai.

Edited by DJuice