Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Yes REAL mountain biking, just FYI, I was up there over the weekend, use the trails from Welvanpas, Bainskloof is closed at Antoniesvlei .."No Cycling" ...and the there is some work on the last few switch backs of Aap DHuez. Had to jump off and push. 

Lekker, "plan" was to start at the original Welvanpas spot in any case. That should then be OK :)

No shame in walking, sometimes it's the best way to get a good amount of descending in too :D

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you bought a 3T now?

Not yet , was testing it against my reacto. Damn it feels fast and switched on. 1x12 is ok until it goes above 11% Then i am not strong or fit enough . It needs a 36 cassette for me .

Did 2x 32 km loops with nearly 500 m ascent each. . With 2 decent climbs in 1,5 & 2 km each .

2nd loop was a bit unfair on the reacto as I was tired from 1st loop and Saturday.

A flat London loop seems in order .

Edited by Pikey

Riding round the little 'villages' in the south Walkerville, Daleside, Henley ... happen to pass 2 country schools and then 2 schools here in our suburb, great to hear kids laughing and playing, teachers teaching (some shouting as well) for a change.

Some semblance of normality for them thankfully!

As an aside Big Bertha doesn't need to be told by road side signs, it's in her DNA!

bf3a0aa0403192a75b4bd8a698841b48.jpgbc184fd121433466b99f6d273542c362.jpg

Edited by NotSoBigBen

I've had my 73 year old mate come and visit for 2 nights - 50 hilly kms yesterday and a quick 20km lap around the Garden Route dam this morning

His ebike has made riding together possible - I'll admit that getting to the top of a 7 minute hill 3 minutes behind him puffing sweating is a little annoying but I can live with it to ride with a mate.

More significantly, the bike pictured has done 5km since the build around August which is just terrible - my love affair with my gravel bike has meant I don't look at the N+1 models.

But jeez this machine is so capable and comfortable that I'm blown away  - I really must try ride it more

post-81229-0-99305700-1614073745_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-90349100-1614073773_thumb.jpg

Not yet , was testing it against my reacto. Damn it feels fast and switched on. 1x12 is ok until it goes above 11% Then i am not strong or fit enough . It needs a 36 cassette for me .

Did 2x 32 km loops with nearly 500 m ascent each. . With 2 decent climbs in 1,5 & 2 km each .

2nd loop was a bit unfair on the reacto as I was tired from 1st loop and Saturday.

A flat London loop seems in order .

Check the Windsor loop I did, come do that.

I've had my 73 year old mate come and visit for 2 nights - 50 hilly kms yesterday and a quick 20km lap around the Garden Route dam this morning

His ebike has made riding together possible - I'll admit that getting to the top of a 7 minute hill 3 minutes behind him puffing sweating is a little annoying but I can live with it to ride with a mate.

More significantly, the bike pictured has done 5km since the build around August which is just terrible - my love affair with my gravel bike has meant I don't look at the N+1 models.

But jeez this machine is so capable and comfortable that I'm blown away  - I really must try ride it more

that's a stunning bike. why would you ride anything else?

So we seems to have an early spring.  Done a few bike rides since the weekend.  Went out for a early morning ride this morning. There was still a chill in the air and the temp went down to -5 at some point.  But still it was good to be on the road again.  The Alps at sunrise (and sunset) is always worth watching.

post-71-0-10339100-1614082813_thumb.jpeg