Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

That’s the 2nd post about a bee sting in recent times.

Are any of you allergic to bees and if so what do you do/ carry on the bike?

It’s one of my biggest concerns in summer and I’m in the countryside, especially swallowing one and being stung in the throat; I seem to swallow a fair amount of gogos [emoji85]

I am allergic. I ride with buff and pull it up especially on descents. So far been lucky.

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

@The Ghost,

How was your Summer Fast1?

I’m not sure what you’re referring to there, it’s not yet summer here and when I cycle the word fast can’t really be used to describe it. [emoji85]

I’m not sure what you’re referring to there, it’s not yet summer here and when I cycle the word fast can’t really be used to describe it. [emoji85]

Sorry, wrong person. Was meant to be TheoG

Franschoek for tonight. My brother has gifted me a night here. Then Greyton tomorrow. Destination Nieu-bethesda. Thanks to Prince Albert Cycles for the idea. He has just done a return trip from there I believe. It looks amazing.

What is your planned route ?

We went through Nieu-bethesda yesterday Karoo 100 miler, nice little town but it was the start of a very tough return to Lormar.

Sorry, wrong person. Was meant to be TheoG

It went terrible, the climbing is insane, in hind sight should have done the 40km.  The technical stuff I could handle, it was the fitness that was the problem, just the other way around as I anticipated.  At least its done and dusted and now I know.

Edit:  Thanks for asking.

Edited by TheoG

It went terrible, the climbing is insane, in hind sight should have done the 40km. The technical stuff I could handle, it was the fitness that was the problem, just the other way around as I anticipated. At least its done and dusted and now I know.

Edit: Thanks for asking.

I was pretty surprised that they took us up to the masts and then some today [emoji54] but hey you do what you gotta do [emoji41]

The riding in the Eye was sublime as always ... won some ice cream money so a good day all round!d991b26d48c77a8aa1270a6a6c8d8ca5.jpg

Franschoek for tonight. My brother has gifted me a night here. Then Greyton tomorrow. Destination Nieu-bethesda. Thanks to Prince Albert Cycles for the idea. He has just done a return trip from there I believe. It looks amazing.

I cant believe it.Are you off again?

That’s the 2nd post about a bee sting in recent times.

Are any of you allergic to bees and if so what do you do/ carry on the bike?

It’s one of my biggest concerns in summer and I’m in the countryside, especially swallowing one and being stung in the throat; I seem to swallow a fair amount of gogos [emoji85]

I'm allergic to bees, not deadly allergic. Only swelling up a lot and had the odd breathing problems when I got stung. Although I never had/have anything with me for when I get a bee sting, guess it's kind of reckless [emoji854]

Okay which one of you UAE boys was this?

https://youtu.be/cqLnsDI5_Qw

Not me! But the AlQudra track is full of these skinny europeans smashing out pro level watts for breakfast. This Saffer built thug stands no chance!!

This was taken about 5km from where I live. Very cool.

Once again went along cycle lane to see how the overnight cable theft was proceeding after 2 roadies had wheel damage there yesterday.As I passed the 1st diggings a movement in the trench caught my eye.True as f...there is the cable thief lying in the trench.I k..ed on him for dumping stones on the lane.He jumped out hid the spade and walked off,only to return as soon as I had left.This was at 6.45 am so I knew it would be shift change at SAPS and would get no joy there.What would you do?

post-43204-0-24222700-1615741838_thumb.jpg