• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me! But the AlQudra track is full of these skinny europeans smashing out pro level watts for breakfast. This Saffer built thug stands no chance!!

This was taken about 5km from where I live. Very cool.

Dang!

I look at peoples speeds and watts and wonder how they do it [emoji85].

Sure thing. Unless you got a job for me.

You make great lemonade ... you know, that whole "if the world gives you lemons, make lemonade" kind of thing!

Saturday, slept late, decided to not ride, had a braai and some beers instead.

Sunday, we checked out Avianto trails from home for the first time in a very long while.

It was suberb. Well maintained tracks, short sharp rocky climbs, thrilling tech decents.

This concrete bit was installed, made this fast decent really fast...

post-24416-0-57053200-1615798561_thumb.jpg

Made nice around the dam as well. 

post-24416-0-51512300-1615798625_thumb.jpg

I can remember why I used to go there so often, as it's exhilirating tech riding, added with a fair amount of fitness required to not feel like death after 15kms.

Will be back soon, perhaps leave home later afternoon and try and ride a bit after dark....

post-24416-0-14352600-1615799673_thumb.jpg

Edited by RocknRolla

Once again went along cycle lane to see how the overnight cable theft was proceeding after 2 roadies had wheel damage there yesterday.As I passed the 1st diggings a movement in the trench caught my eye.True as f...there is the cable thief lying in the trench.I k..ed on him for dumping stones on the lane.He jumped out hid the spade and walked off,only to return as soon as I had left.This was at 6.45 am so I knew it would be shift change at SAPS and would get no joy there.What would you do?

It is happening everywhere

2 roads in 2 weeks in my area where overheard cables have been stolen. Is truly out of hand.

You should see all the main roads where we ride, where many of the masts are on their side and everything vandalized; both steel and concrete masts.

Where do you people live.Seriously?I am not trying to be funny,but when I drive down the road the verges are cut,no one is digging up cables or pinching overhead lines.There are families out walking their dogs and children riding bikes.

Where do you people live.Seriously?I am not trying to be funny,but when I drive down the road the verges are cut,no one is digging up cables or pinching overhead lines.There are families out walking their dogs and children riding bikes.

The East Rand, where the weeds rule supreme, the grass is overgrown into the streets, lights don't work for months at a time, potholes galore, pavements are cut up to dig trenches for fibre/cable/water pipes and never restored to it's original condition.

Best I can do will to share Google Street view images. I barely remember to take photos while riding, and when I do, the lamp posts are the last thing on my mind. Street View is too old, as is the aerial photo. Will have to remember to take photos.

Edit: not where we live, but on the roads we ride on.

Edit again: but the drivers seem to be much better behaved than in other metros.

Edited by Frosty

It is happening everywhere

2 roads in 2 weeks in my area where overheard cables have been stolen. Is truly out of hand.

Man we're really happy here, we moved from france 6 years ago and haven't looked back all these years. But **** it's starting to look bad... Driving to the trails now half of the roads are in the dark, it's like people do whatever the **** they want... SAPS was all over the place when it came to fining tourists for enjoying what the world knows us for (the beautiful waves and the strong summer winds), but now they are nowhere to be seen  :thumbdown:

Also when I moved from central table view to west beach I could walk from my house to the shops no problem, now wherever I go there are vagrants barking at everyone in some drunk langage, improvised taxi stations that use the whole pavement I have to push my pram on the road to get where I want to go, and I'm not gonna talk about the smells because people think they can pee and **** right next to their taxis.. anyways, that pandemic made everything worse worldwide and people are more and more desperate...

Edited by Jbr

The East Rand, where the weeds rule supreme, the grass is overgrown into the streets, lights don't work for months at a time, potholes galore, pavements are cut up to dig trenches for fibre/cable/water pipes and never restored to it's original condition.

Best I can do will to share Google Street view images. I barely remember to take photos while riding, and when I do, the lamp posts are the last thing on my mind. Street View is too old, as is the aerial photo. Will have to remember to take photos.

Edit: not where we live, but on the roads we ride on.

Edit again: but the drivers seem to be much better behaved than in other metros.

and dont forget sewage running in the streets for months.

But recently a few suburbs have grouped together, donated funds and started fixing things themselves. It started off with them repairing and securing a main feeder cable that supplies the suburbs, they then managed to get hold of a grass cutter attachment and one guy has a tractor, so grass is being cut, and they are on going filling in potholes.