• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

No pics unfortunately.

I planned to do some bug mileage this weekend, for once we were not working on any of the holidays so I had a full 4 days. But we all know what they say about the best laid plans.

Thursday morning before work - My usual 27km Loop

Friday morning - 40km Out and back

Friday after noon - 3.5km with my daughters. A storm came out of no where at the furthest point from home, we got totally drenched. 

Saturday was supposed to be Big Red Barn, but both my eldest daughter and myself woke up with a stomach bug. By the afternoon I was feeling a bit better so took the youngest for a loop around the neighbourhood again.

I also did some bike tinkering and landed up stuffing up my front brakes. I now need to either source a bleeding kit and mineral oil or take my bike in.

Sunday morning I woke up feeling a little flat and the weather was not particularly inviting. Decided to skip the early morning ride.

Kids hunted easter eggs, we had breakfast but I was feeling anxious. If I went to sit on the couch I knew that I'd stay there the entire day, I did not want that. So I did something very unlike me, I went for a late morning ride.

Decided to just cruise around and explore. Did 40km of riding and felt really great after wards.

Monday was Big Red Barn day. We went for the kiddies route 4, we must have missed a turn somewhere as we came out by the finish having only done 2.5km, so we went again. Second time around the kids had a blast up until my wifes seat post clamp let go in a big way. I could not do a trail side repair as it looks like the threads in the quick release stripped.

You get the brake sorted? I saw you out this morning, I hooted, not sure you heard/saw me. But there were emperors employees crossing the road right in front of you so you were focused on them. I think they also thought I was hooting at them.

You get the brake sorted? I saw you out this morning, I hooted, not sure you heard/saw me. But there were emperors employees crossing the road right in front of you so you were focused on them. I think they also thought I was hooting at them.

yeah was concentrating on them, I heard you and waved but was passed you already.

Brake not yet sorted, I went out to source a bleed kit earlier but no stock anywhere. I have the fittings from caliper to hose, to will measure up tonight and just put together my own bleed kit, then will just have to buy some Shimano Unicorn tears (aka Mineral Oil).

Did a nice 100 km on the Easter Monday. The day did not start off that cold but was glad my riding buddy convinced me to get my lazy butt out of bed earlier and start earlier. We had this cold front approaching so the wind was going to pick up at some point. It was a lovely morning with clear skies but then in the last 20 km that wind arrived and boy did it arrive. Smacked you in the face. As we entered our home town, old people who were still on their bikes got of and started pushing their bikes. But it was a nice ride. Woke up this morning with everything covered in snow again.

attachicon.gifride.jpg

attachicon.gifride2.jpg

attachicon.gifride3.jpg

attachicon.gifride4.jpg

attachicon.gifride5.jpg

Relive video for those that are interrested...

https://www.relive.cc/view/vrqDQxP39wv

Nice pics [emoji106]

yeah was concentrating on them, I heard you and waved but was passed you already.

Brake not yet sorted, I went out to source a bleed kit earlier but no stock anywhere. I have the fittings from caliper to hose, to will measure up tonight and just put together my own bleed kit, then will just have to buy some Shimano Unicorn tears (aka Mineral Oil).

I have some Shimano Mineral oil you can use, if you are willing to be forever indebted to me... MooHahA moOhaHa, PM me if you cant/dont come right

I have some Shimano Mineral oil you can use, if you are willing to be forever indebted to me... MooHahA moOhaHa, PM me if you cant/dont come right

Thanks, if I cant find any I'll take you up on the offer, much prefer having my own stash of things.

Bought a universal bleed kit and mineral oil from Cycle Lab mega store in 4ways.

Used the kit, worked well. Armed with youtube managed to sort out my non-existent rear brake on my bicycle. (First time brake bleeder)

Will probably set you back around R600 iirc

Bought a universal bleed kit and mineral oil from Cycle Lab mega store in 4ways.

Used the kit, worked well. Armed with youtube managed to sort out my non-existent rear brake on my bicycle. (First time brake bleeder)

Almost as big a cycling rite of passage as breaking a collarbone ;)  

Thanks

Just stopped by CL boksburg, picked up the Marvel universal kit, some unicorn tears and brake cleaner, then tried a R200 discount voucher that I got via mycyclelife last week and was only for the first 500 customers, it was still valid.