Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

I've zoomed in on the phone, then the computer but I can only see an old tannie sitting next to the oom standing [emoji102][emoji872][emoji85]

Time for that annual optometrist's appointment, BSG.  :devil:

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

I've zoomed in on the phone, then the computer but I can only see an old tannie sitting next to the oom standing [emoji102][emoji872][emoji85]

That took longer than I thought... LOL :D

Well, today was a first for me - and a first is always good, isn't it? 

It was the first time I had to call in the cavalry to come and fetch me with a puncture that I couldn't fix and get home without help. I've been fetched from the mountain and the road with broken bones, even from the ER once, but NEVER before have I needed fetching for a mechanical. I suppose that if you cycle for long enough then it must happen sooner or later? In my defense, it was a rear tubby puncture and despite spending a lot of effort injecting Pitstop, I simply couldn't get it to hold air........must have been a sliver of glass, the roads are literally aglitter with it. 

But, ending a ride at the beautiful St Pauls Church in Rondebosch, listening to the singing and soaking up the beauty of a perfect autumn day in the Cape, sure beats a lot of other possible ways of ending a ride! It also gave me some time to sit and admire the old girl (Colnago BiTitan with Campy CRecord and Shamals - she doesn't get an outing nearly often enough)

Now, for another first - I plan to attempt a tubby repair! Some would say it is a cycling rite of passage on par with breaking a collarbone or bleeding your own brakes! Wish me luck!

post-17716-0-53099700-1618734002_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

Rode the cradle from home, and decided to work on my explorer tiles ( Thanks Frosty) 

there is a section that I used to ride when training for Sani, which was before the days of Strava and explorer tiles. So I managed to increase my square size from 5 x 5 to 6 x 6. 

little victories... this added 5kms to my ride, as well as an extra couple of hundred meters of climbing.

A Brilliant day, with a bit of a chill in the air.

post-24416-0-07107000-1618741743_thumb.jpeg

Almost at the top. Logwood in front where the JHB Mtb club still host their rides from.

post-24416-0-82567400-1618741848_thumb.jpeg

Was a nice day out, well deserved beers a little later...

Rather chilly ride this morning. Took a while to defrost afterwards.

Was taking it easy, stopped to take this pic and a group came past me. I caught them at the traffic lights top of the hill, then got caught out at a light they rolled through. The light changed and I tried to TT back to them. With about 20m gap left they upped the pace and I was spent.

post-10771-0-30210700-1618749724_thumb.jpeg