Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Just before the smoke covered the city!!

After this mornings abruptly ended ride I didn't plan to, but we decided to take a quick spin on the mtbs to see what was happening with the fire. I saw it early this morning when I passed Rondebosch Common on the roadie and certainly didn't think it would get so out of control. But the wind picked up and it is April after all! Now it is out of control with several of UCTs buildings already burnt down and many others in great danger. Mosterts Mill caught fire but seems to have survived mostly. Not good at all! Our neighbourhood streaming with students evacuated from residences all trying to find transport somewhere, but with roads closed in many directions. The water bombing choppers are flying non-stop right over us and the firetrucks are trying to be everywhere at the same time. Everything is covered in an eerie light and thick smoke. It is now burning literally from the M3 all the way to the very top of Devils Peak and seems to be headingĀ  towards Rondebosch and Newland. Scary as all hell!

post-17716-0-36423100-1618751853_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-12442900-1618751867_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-80970800-1618752222_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Just before the smoke covered the city!!

The mother city was certainly showing off this morning, but right now it's a sad scene.

Thoughts and prayers to those directly impacted.

After this mornings abruptly ended ride I didn't plan to, but we decided to take a quick spin on the mtbs to see what was happening with the fire. I saw it early this morning when I passed Rondebosch Common on the roadie and certainly didn't think it would get so out of control. But the wind picked up and it is April after all! Now it is out of control with several of UCTs buildings already burnt down and many others in great danger. Mosterts Mill caught fire but seems to have survived mostly. Not good at all! Our neighbourhood streaming with students evacuated from residences all trying to find transport somewhere, but with roads closed in many directions. The water bombing choppers are flying non-stop right over us and the firetrucks are trying to be everywhere at the same time. Everything is covered in an eerie light and thick smoke. It is now burning literally from the M3 all the way to the very top of Devils Peak and seems to be headingĀ  towards Rondebosch and Newland. Scary as all hell!

Ā 

Quite sad. When I saw it, the smoke was standing straight and about half as tall as devils peak. I was thinking that the awesome fire fighters would get it out soon. Got a shock to see how quickly it got out of control.

with my boy's birthday, it was pretty tight. but got to do a lekker effort to the devonvale circle and back. my choice test of improvement. finally broke the 1hour mark. was lekker. had my father-in-law along for the sufferfest.

Ā 

Ā 

post-43855-0-91502300-1618770419_thumb.jpg