Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Should have known then already that it would get a bit 'inclement' out here in the south but hey once you're committed ....d47b94c801b7fd6bff2a2d109b71b049.jpg

Do you carry the bikestand with for photos or just for some extra weight training or both? [emoji848] [emoji6] Edited by BSG

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Last 40Km completed in the wet.

Photo is almost at the entrance to the reserve.

af4c1223588aacb2fccf4f316547c04e.jpg

Yoh, those clouds look full of waters, hey. Moody. Broody. 

4:13 AM .... get woken up by the compressor in the garage .... seems it takes 11 hours of no use to loose enough air to restart ....

THIS is when you know you either hide under the duvet, or get ready for a wild ride ....  :whistling:   My ma het nie n bang gat groot gemaak nie, so no choice but to buckle up for memorable day.  :thumbup:

The help-my-trap had been prepped and water bottles filled last night, ready for a coffee ride.  So I got going just before the sun ....

post-110956-0-85906700-1620554828_thumb.jpg

Somehow just made sense to start the "Bellville-to-Philladelphia" ride by heading out on the Bottelary road, Klipheuwel, and then the rolling hills to Philladelphia.

Just before Bottelary road a roadie glides past me .... but he is not that much faster, so I put in an email request to the help-my-trap for some more assistance, by the time we get to the golf course I am riding with the gent, but I have to dig deep as he is "just" above the speed limit of getting help from my trusty stead.  We catch up to another roadie at Hazendal, they link up and the pace slows just that little bit that I can only just hang in there ....  They change lead a few times.  At the next incline the pace slows slightly, and this is my chance to go to the front and take the lead.  We work together nicely, and maintain a decent pace.  The next incline I take the lead again.  Just before the circle I move to the back, then the downhill and those roadies leaves me for dead !!  :eek:   WOW !  Those things can pick up a load speed on those slight down gradients !!!  Time to say our goodbyes, one turns around, another goes to Stellenbosch, and I head out to Klipheuwel.

post-110956-0-68886500-1620555460_thumb.jpg

PERFECT weather.  Okay, 9 degrees C and a noticeable chill factor.  NO wind.  Sun beginning to rise.  Cyclists simply can not ask for anything better.  :clap:

Uhm ... whats that ?  Just past the N1 I notice "a bit" of mist .... and then I have to remove my glasses due to the mist droplets on it .... by the time I got to Kliheuwel I was second guessing my knowledge of the area.  I KNEW it was the correct turn off, but what happened to the silos ?  :eek:   I was over the railway line bridge before I could see the vague outlines of the silos a mere 30m from me !!

True as bob, many vehicles, not taxis, our very own people, are driving without any lights in those conditions .... talking about the CARS, nevermind the cyclists that have never heard of lights for bicycles.  But the ride was lekka that even these things would not get under my skin, not on this morning.

On the last hill toward Philladelphia the last layer of clothing starts to get damp on my body .... chill factor .... this was borderline getting cold ....

I can without reservation say that the coffee at Pepper Tree was some of thee best I have ever had.  :w00t:   :clap:

Bike seemed a "bit weird" for a "no rain" ride ...  :whistling:

post-110956-0-76628700-1620555922_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-31785600-1620555987_thumb.jpg

Sipping away at my coffee and slowly thawing, I notice four riders pulling in.  Two on a tandem, and the others on MTB's.  The two on the tandem gets off their bike and the rider leads the lady to the table ... and then it becomes clear, she is blind.  FULL of life, smiling away and enjoying the morning.  What a remarkable lady !!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Each of us deals with our own challenges, but scenes like these puts some perspective to it all ...

post-110956-0-81420500-1620556010_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisF

Sipping away at my coffee and slowly thawing, I notice four riders pulling in.  Two on a tandem, and the others on MTB's.  The two on the tandem gets off their bike and the rider leads the lady to the table ... and then it becomes clear, she is blind.  FULL of life, smiling away and enjoying the morning.  What a remarkable lady !!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Each of us deals with our own challenges, but scenes like these puts some perspective to it all ...

Hey ChrisF - that was us with the tandem. I wish I'd known it was you sitting there - would have said hello. The lady is both blind and deaf (she has cochlear implants), and is absolutely remarkable. An absolute inspiration, and a pleasure to ride with. My husband is one of her tandem pilots.

post-9952-0-21714700-1620560309_thumb.jpg

Hey ChrisF - that was us with the tandem. I wish I'd known it was you sitting there - would have said hello. The lady is both blind and deaf (she has cochlear implants), and is absolutely remarkable. An absolute inspiration, and a pleasure to ride with. My husband is one of her tandem pilots.

attachicon.gifDSCN9825.jpg

Tell your husband that a cranky old fart of the BikeHub told you that you are married to an undercover angel! :)

Yoh, those clouds look full of waters, hey. Moody. Broody.

Certainly moody, and seems they passed that onto some riders too.

[emoji4]

A couple of us decided yesterday that since it's mother's day we would get out at 5am, have a lekker ride and be home nice and early to spend the day with our families!

Interesting how the temperature drops (enough to feel it for sure) as the sun starts to creep up ... min 0° but totally bearablee118be8aa781dbb03342a607721d74cc.jpg

My bike took me to find some.....Trail crap at lunchtime......

I wish people would engage the brain when they let these balloons go...Stuck in a tree.....Not something I like seeing on my daily rides! Parents must really love their kids to let more plastic loose in the world.... :thumbup: 

post-12678-0-33710200-1620647301_thumb.jpg

First big ride of the year done and first sunburn 1f975.png 2600.png1f324.png

Define big, and why, oh why do you have a bar-bag? Don't you shave you legs anymore either? Got a hipster moustache and a doofus man-bun?