Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

2 minutes ago, fanievb said:

Eish, I have no issue with range of motion. Started partial weight bearing at around 3 weeks (one crutch) and full weight at 5 weeks.

Saw doc on the 14th and got the all clear to resume training, but to listen to my body and not do anything stupid (whatever that means). He explained to me that wearing a cast/boot restricts the healing process for ligaments which is why he ops for no post-op support (other than crutches) for athletes or physically active people.

I've been doing exercises since 2 days after my op, which helped keep the achillies and his tjommies flexible. 

I got on the IDT 2 weeks post-op, but is was uncomfortable, but consistent stretching and light spinning sorted that out (started some crit racing on zwift????). 

Ligaments are still tender, but that should hopefully get better as training resumes. Ankle is also swollen and will probably stay that way until the ligaments are properly healed.

Eish, I seriously regret now having to deal with a cast for 6 weeks ...  

Edit;  You motivated me to give the IDT a shot again tonight.

Edited by TheoG

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TheoG said:

How on earth can you be back on a bike again?  Please tell me your recovery secrets ... 

I followed this program https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Health/aftercareinformation/pages/conditions.aspx?hwid=zp4491

No anti-inflammatories (soos in niks, zero, f-all) they inhibited the healing process

Red wine

Patience (more from my wife than anything else)

5 hours ago, 'Dale said:

5 degrees means longer warm-up ????

D07AABA8-B816-4FBA-A89A-E6D413D81238.jpeg

Didn’t feel like 5°C when I arrived in town (08:00). ????

1 hour ago, copperhead said:

The story behind this... would love to know it!

20210517_083327.jpg

20210517_083356.jpg

20210517_083430.jpg

The guy who sprayed the front wings did it on a Wednesday. The rest of the car was done first thing Monday (hangover time) or last thing Friday (It's WEEKEND baby) ....................

1 hour ago, copperhead said:

Merweville to Sutherland. Saw that crane on the dirt road. Middle of nowhere. Hilarious! The rocks is an old leopard trap. Very windy today so taking a break for the afternoon at "The Whitehouse"

20210517_101148.jpg

Did you notice that the fence along that road is often close to the road on one side and very far away on the other, leaving a good 50 to100 metres of road reserve / veld next to the road ? It is called a "trekpad" and that is the route the Karoo farmers used to trek with their herds of sheep between the Tankwa Karoo / Sutherland Karoo where there is usually better winter grazing and the drier Karoo further East (Beaufort West, Prince Albert, Merweville, Laingsburg) . The wide reserve along the road allowed the sheep to graze as they trekked. There are still farmers who do that trek between farms that they own in both areas, but nowadays they do it with trucks, rather than on foot.

Edited by DJR

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

Didn’t feel like 5°C when I arrived in town (08:00). ????

20 hours ago, 'Dale said:

5 degrees means longer warm-up ????

D07AABA8-B816-4FBA-A89A-E6D413D81238.jpeg

I need to update my comment… this morning definitely felt like 5°C  ????

48 minutes ago, copperhead said:

Much needed rain in the Tankwa. I will be going nowhere today. Keep warm people. 

20210520_081659.jpg

20210520_081706.jpg

20210520_083419.jpg

@copperheadWhere are you staying in the Tankwa?

Edited by Dusty

3 hours ago, copperhead said:

Place called Bike X Cape near the Tankwa Padstal. Super place and good prices.

Looks great.Those Tents must be killer in summer!

Well sunshine.Its snowing outside Sutherland so Tankwa should have been a bit chilly last night

On 5/20/2021 at 9:52 AM, copperhead said:

Place called Bike X Cape near the Tankwa Padstal. Super place and good prices.

Been past there a number of times but never stopped at the padstal.By that stage I am gatvol of the road and need to get to the accommodation in the park

On 5/15/2021 at 1:03 PM, RocknRolla said:

Had a bit of an infection, so stayed off the bike since Tuesday. These pics are torture. Maybe tomorrow....

Sometimes, being off the bike makes one more appreciative of what we take for granted.

I also missed Oom ben’s fall and hectic wound. Do It properly why don’t you.

Good to see Fanie back on the bike too.

Had a fairly intense week of work, and taking care of sick children. I did try and make time for cycling again, as I am over my medical issue.

zwift has been great, and a sneaky Tuesday ride was great.

Today, managed to get my work all sorted, which meant an early Friday, and what better way to celebrate than going to the pub riding your bicycle. What a stellar afternoon in the cradle.

DE5F87EB-948D-4C33-98E0-5250F833A43D.jpeg

07714BD6-6C84-4ED1-8A41-A5AA11F3D18E.jpeg

Edited by RocknRolla