• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jbr said:

spacer.png

Classic Taffelberg pic

Not gonna go to kloof in the mornings during the week anymore, unless I really wake up super early, traffic was terrible and drivers have 0 patience.

Cool pic. Did you ride there from home?  I am still in two minds about the whole Paarden Island / Foreshore run from this side of the world.

28 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Cool pic. Did you ride there from home?  I am still in two minds about the whole Paarden Island / Foreshore run from this side of the world.

Yes ! https://www.strava.com/activities/5398756629

I definitely use the service road in Paarden eiland on my way down, hell I actually used the cycle path all the way down today as I left a bit late and trafic was already hectic from my place. When I leave early from my place I usually ride the road until paddocks then either through the houses or on the cycle path.

On my way back, between the harbour and the market a cyclist was riding opposite to me (no problem in that, I've done it many times) except he wouldn't get out of my way, I actually had to ride around him... If you're going to be where you're not supposed to be, at least be nice to other users....

Before that, between town and paarden eiland, I actually saw two cyclists going opposite way, still blows my mind. I've tried it once after seeing a couple of guys doing it and it was sooooo dodge I'm never doing that again.

Edited by Jbr

5 hours ago, Jbr said:

spacer.png

Classic Taffelberg pic

Not gonna go to kloof in the mornings during the week anymore, unless I really wake up super early, traffic was terrible and drivers have 0 patience.

You had me at switchback / hairpin. Wow. ????

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

Yes ! https://www.strava.com/activities/5398756629

I definitely use the service road in Paarden eiland on my way down, hell I actually used the cycle path all the way down today as I left a bit late and trafic was already hectic from my place. When I leave early from my place I usually ride the road until paddocks then either through the houses or on the cycle path.

On my way back, between the harbour and the market a cyclist was riding opposite to me (no problem in that, I've done it many times) except he wouldn't get out of my way, I actually had to ride around him... If you're going to be where you're not supposed to be, at least be nice to other users....

Before that, between town and paarden eiland, I actually saw two cyclists going opposite way, still blows my mind. I've tried it once after seeing a couple of guys doing it and it was sooooo dodge I'm never doing that again.

Ja, I hate it when runners come up on the wrong side of the road fully expecting me to swerve to get around them, almost as if they think they're doing the right thing...that's one of my pet peeves. These people are the ones who can see what I can't and whether its safe to deviate into the traffic or not...Now you say cyclists are also doing that? This is one reason why I have been riding about 95% trails this year so far.

I have ridden up to Table Mountain from Camps Bay up the Glen, and that's also a lekker climb with some tar switch back action, albeit not quite as scenic as your pic. Nearly, but not quite.

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

One for Chad Baby. Just because he's upset.

Bellville CBD, before the town wakes up.

IMG_5639.jpeg

You ride alone ? Bellville cbd is such a dodgey area ????