• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, boredgirl said:

We did the "fun" race yesterday. I'm still trying to accept, that races (not XCO) in Europe are more open track, non technical and super super steep, and that I will be last. Enjoyed my ride, had a nice long chat with the broom wagon

Lol, despite the category titles there are no fun races in Switzerland..... well done for taking part!!

Did they have the ski jump this year?

12 hours ago, Grease_Monkey said:

Looks like you didn’t find many ;)

haha. you do what you can in cpt. manage to rack about 80% of it in a almost continuous 30km.

Was hoping to have some nice pics after Berg'nBush this weekend coming. But alas. It will have to wait till next year.

Now - to figure out how I am going to fill my leave days.

8 minutes ago, RocknRolla said:

Was hoping to have some nice pics after Berg'nBush this weekend coming. But alas. It will have to wait till next year.

Now - to figure out how I am going to fill my leave days.

Event postponed, or you just not going ?

25 minutes ago, Koos Likkewaan said:

Event postponed, or you just not going ?

Event Postponed. We deferred our entry till 2022. (Not sure it will be better then... time shall tell)

On 6/19/2021 at 8:18 PM, Wayne pudding Mol said:

It’s that famous roadside stop - driven passed a gazillion times never stopped - it was spot on 50km which I saw as a sign 

This is the one in Waboomskraal? If so, those pizza's are legendary. I have had a good couple of pizza's there. Not stopping there for pizza is like not stopping for a Peregrine springbok pie. Pure sacrilege.

How was the pedal up the Outeniqua pass in terms of traffic? I have always wanted to ride it but just judging by how I drive up and down that pass (like a complete jackass disrespectful of the danger element) I have opted to rather give it a skip.

11 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

This is the one in Waboomskraal? If so, those pizza's are legendary. I have had a good couple of pizza's there. Not stopping there for pizza is like not stopping for a Peregrine springbok pie. Pure sacrilege.

How was the pedal up the Outeniqua pass in terms of traffic? I have always wanted to ride it but just judging by how I drive up and down that pass (like a complete jackass disrespectful of the danger element) I have opted to rather give it a skip.

Same delicious pizza - the pass was not busy but it has such a massive shoulder and then even a bit of firm gravel runoff

i felt very safe and generally don’t enjoy riding on tar because of traffic  

Battle to get time for the bike lately but this past Saturday I just decided stuff it, I am going to ride to a little place in Austria called Eng, that I wanted to ride to with the bike for some time.  Have taken the car there to the area in winter but most of the roads are not open for cars as all is snowed up normally in winter.  What I thought would be a 140 km ride turned out to be 160 km but man was it a stunning ride and did me the world of good.   Body is just not used to sitting on the bike for 5+ hours

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG