Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

6 hours ago, Bernard Horn said:

Gary Fisher and I felt brave and took the cycle lane through Paardeneiland to the city and back.More worried about getting a flat from all the glass and metal bits than being bikejacked.City cops on duty along the route.Had to stop at Espresso Bakery for a reward!!

20210624_114907-1.jpg

Love that bike 

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Never too many bikes said:

Yep, fellow cyclist felt the need to berate me for riding inside the very narrow yellow lane on the road instead of the cycle path between Melkbos and Blaawberg.

I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion so I just ignored him, but he was pretty obnoxious.

I hear the lower use as a result of Covid dea, but what is odd for me is that between Melkbos and Blaawberg you find maybe 2 or 3 patches of glass in the road, but literally you find only 200 m of cycle path free of glass. So how does all this glass end up in the cycle lane and not the road? - especially as there is a cement barrier between the two so its not being washed off the road by rain or scattered by car tyres to the side of the road and onto the cycle path. Its crossed my mind that its an attempt to stop cyclists for some reason.

I've almost given up riding the cycle path now between the muggings and puncture repair practice i've been blessed with. 

That cyclist was probably shouting at you to use the cycle lane as required by law!

Another day, another IDT workout... as we're closing in on the mid-point for this year, I find myself slightly ahead of my annual goal. Happiness is!

• Distance: +4.9% further
  • Elevation: +5.4% higher
  • Duration: +0.9% ahead
  • Speed: +3.6% faster (imagine we had races, the picture could be completely different).

Not the Berg ‘n Bush….

but the Joburg ‘n Bush

Just pottering around the cradle with the missus. My “leave” days was consumed by issues at work, being the only sod in my department kinda leaves me to sort out crap.

joberg:

881AD545-1FD2-4555-B619-944903E7711A.jpeg.da9ffc525b9f8dff3ca74ce8c96052d9.jpeg

Some bush: (I know, very weak attempt)

32BA47F4-A378-4B32-B905-4EC7C87C4500.jpeg.0346e88acf210f5b65af12d23b332472.jpeg

Chill Zone:

000EA98A-2B46-46C4-BB9B-CF8736F47988.jpeg.acd1ae2f15278114938477d941a8573f.jpeg

I’m seriously miff that I’m stuck in the Big smoke this weekend.

I’m gonna start this post with a NCR topic, it will contain a C19 reference, so of this is a trigger for you, please do not continue reading this post.

I have had many “scares” in the last while. People I have been in contact with, in the 48h prior to them showing symptoms have tested positive. Kids at school, who’s friends have tested positive etc. Not even taking into account the secondary contact.

It has been playing mind games on me. What made me even more nervous was if the Berg’nBush was not cancelled, and I did travel down, and started feeling ill, what would I have done? What would other people have done.

I have been feeling weird the last while, not sick, but not 100% either. 
I did a zwift ride earlier this week, Z1 so I could gage my current state. All indicators were within the norm. HRV has been all over the show, but I have had issues with connecting and had to replace a battery on the sensor, so I’m thinking, this should normalise soon.

Did a ride with the missus yesterday, real chill and once again felt fine, with HR and RPE within the norm.

Woke up today, feeling like I was on the receiving end of a fairly big party….

Decided to take it easy and ride with my youngest.

650184C8-8350-48DF-8A77-BDD70F991137.jpeg.20a871579a706124e3515ed0dbb8a3ed.jpeg

5kms of fun, I was impressed with his body position and general readiness on the bike, which meant he has been listening and remembering what he has been taught previously, a rare celebratory occasion for a parent.

The wind in Gauteng has been no fun, and we decided 5kms deserves an Ice cream. I fore went the ice cream, and went for a brown fanta instead…just to make Patch and his weather a little jealous…

4BF25240-2FBD-480F-8438-4BE0FFE032C9.jpeg.b75e949407b7b0d890a14329143c8b76.jpeg

my conclusion re C-19… I have had too many close calls to have been able to avoid this thing completely, the uncertainty has had a negative effect on my mental well being. I have booked an antigen test for monday, I believe it will enable me to make better decisions regarding exposure going forward.

Edited by RocknRolla