Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

40 minutes ago, Desi said:

Where is this, please?

Reminds of a section of Hermans Trails ....

Let's hear if there is something this nice closer to home :thumbup:

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Reminds of a section of Hermans Trails ....

Let's hear if there is something this nice closer to home :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Desi said:

Where is this, please?

It is indeed Hemel en aarde trails in Hermanus. 

I haven't posted here in many a year, so long ago that when I posted the above image, my gmail account was used.

Thank you.

Truly a unique landscape.  Been there with the 4x4 a few times.  It must be a different experience on a bicycle ....

19 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Thank you.

Truly a unique landscape.  Been there with the 4x4 a few times.  It must be a different experience on a bicycle ....

that pic gives a clue that a full sus isn't really needed. Reality is very different and roads around there can be the worse I've ever seen, corrugations-wise.

21 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

that pic gives a clue that a full sus isn't really needed. Reality is very different and roads around there can be the worse I've ever seen, corrugations-wise.

Worst detour we ever had .... Was going to Kakemas, and wanted to do the gravel section from Clanwilliam.  Turned off, over the mountain, only a bit further the gravel started ..... About 1km in we stopped, and turned the car around, back to the N7 and one huge detour to get to Calvinia for the night.  That road was way beyond just corrugated, that you can ride over with enough speed (up to a point).  Nope, pot holes scattered all over stopped you from gaining any speed, and feelling the full ripple of every corrugation ....

Gravel grinding certainly may be "nice" under good conditions .... but on some of these badly corrugated roads ... :cursing:

You guys have not experienced corrugations till you drive 10km on a corrugated road in a little car (Suzuki Swift) that is dropped stupid low on coilovers with low profile tyres while towing a dirtbike......

Finished my ride at my current place of work 

shutting down my business has made me get creative to try earn money so I have bought this plot, cleared the alien vegetation and will soon be putting it back on the market. 

Hoekwil was booming but who knows if anyone will be buying property now 

007B21A8-8BB9-49E8-8459-3D64C83588CE.jpeg