• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/12/2021 at 8:10 PM, ChrisF said:

RESPECT !!!

Was NOT  morning to be outside ....

Magnificent rainbow outside our office window this morning

Even my lunchtime walk was uncomfortably CHILLY .... Wind cutting through multiple layers of clothing.

EDIT - Enjoy your rides for the next two weeks.  Please post LOTS of pics .... second jab tomorrow .... no strenuous excercise .....

Why the break after 2 nd vaccination? Just curious as I can’t find anything that advocates this. Another rider from my CT group did the same just because he felt like a rest 

28 minutes ago, I FLY said:

Why the break after 2 nd vaccination? Just curious as I can’t find anything that advocates this. Another rider from my CT group did the same just because he felt like a rest 

Dr's orders ....

Possibly precautionary due to other pre-existing conditions, which may put me in higher risk for "inflamation of the heart".  Certainly a well documented, and very short term, side effect of vaccination.

Just finished a walk.  At 13 minutes per km my hart rate was similar to a typical sub 10 minutes per km .... feels weird to walk THAT slow ....

After about 5 days I will start with short slow sessions on Zwift .... pacing according to my heart rate.

2 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Dr's orders ....

Possibly precautionary due to other pre-existing conditions, which may put me in higher risk for "inflamation of the heart".  Certainly a well documented, and very short term, side effect of vaccination.

Just finished a walk.  At 13 minutes per km my hart rate was similar to a typical sub 10 minutes per km .... feels weird to walk THAT slow ....

After about 5 days I will start with short slow sessions on Zwift .... pacing according to my heart rate.

Thanks. 

after I had a very mild covid infection I built up slowly again ( I am 63) as I lost a friend who started too fast after he had covid

1st week 20 minutes at walking pace HR

2nd week 40 minutes at walking pace HR

3rd week kept HR below 70% of max

I have no commonalities so that helps. Non smoker and non drinker as well

Bloemendal, Hillcrest, Contermans, Hoogekraal, Welvergenoegd, Missing link up and then tar back to Bloemendal because I had enough for the week. My better half went back over Contermans and added another 200m of climbing.

hoogekraal4.jpg.3cc62dfdfd0daf4560df6e7c3f78df1c.jpg

looking at this images over the last week of so as made me miss SA for its wonderful scenery and bike rides...

sadly in ireland and the UK at the moment and the sun is mostly absent and the "trails" somewhere hidden for the moment here...have been lucky to have a bike but great to see you all getting out there when you can 

will post an image when I can get my tech to work....not as nice as SA...

kind regards 

daveno7