Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

17 hours ago, Jbr said:

Little post race spin testing the repairs on my bibs and on the bike (with the addition of a set of skin wall tubeless that are finally available in the country !)

Not sure about the bar tape though ????

47EA8FE3-5F81-479D-A14C-19FFC925C42F.jpeg

32A6678C-8333-4AFA-9933-CDA3458D8E74.jpeg

There must be a back story to this pic

image.png.0a3961ccd79b9be0dcb0c1975c1a969c.png

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Jbr said:

spacer.png

Table view and milnerton's nice cycle paths

spacer.png

Always so nice to puncture a brand new set of tyres after less than 50km... front tyres lasted 34km and rear tyre 44km....that one being to badly cut that I struggle to seal it even with a plug...

I have seen stans darts work wonders with longish cuts. I wont use a std plug any longer.

1 minute ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I have seen stans darts work wonders with longish cuts. I wont use a std plug any longer.

I helped a guy with a couple of failed Stans Darts on the lane before ... I used my normal bacon strips to get him back on the road.

My new favourite solution is using strips of leather and patch solution as a tubeless solution plugs. End results have been really good.

8 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I helped a guy with a couple of failed Stans Darts on the lane before ... I used my normal bacon strips to get him back on the road.

My new favourite solution is using strips of leather and patch solution as a tubeless solution plugs. End results have been really good.

Damn, thanks for the tip. Seems like there will always be an occasion.... nothing will beat a puncture that doesnt want to be fixed I suppose!

the small plug held, kind of, up to 5 psi, the big one just pops out... **** there's a real curse with tanwalls, this tyre has 50km and is good for the bin, awesome...

46 minutes ago, Jbr said:

the small plug held, kind of, up to 5 psi, the big one just pops out... **** there's a real curse with tanwalls, this tyre has 50km and is good for the bin, awesome...

From commuting that route over the years I have resorted to only fitting el cheapo tyres on the commuter due to glass and metal shards.

26 minutes ago, Hairy said:

From commuting that route over the years I have resorted to only fitting el cheapo tyres on the commuter due to glass and metal shards.

I ride there almost every day, but somehow only get the bad punctures when I do so on new tyres FFS.... Then once my tyres have 5/6 punctures for some reason I never have issues again while riding, just a flat tyre in the morning, I inflate and go and then it's good for a few days... when it starts happening more often than not I put on a new set....and unfortunately everytime I end up with a bad one within the next couple of rides. I will probably fix it from the inside, but the problem is everytime I plug or fix a tubeless tyre from the inside, it eventually ends up building a massive clog in the tyre that makes the wheel very unbalanced and very annoying on the trainer. That and the fact that it always threatens to pop and give me a flat...

In france the shops I rented from where looking at me funny when I asked if I could have 2 spare tubes instead of one... Truth is here with the amount of idiots throwing beer bottles on the road, punctures happen almost on a daily basis if you ride a lot...

Edited by Jbr

3 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I ride there almost every day, but somehow only get the bad punctures when I do so on new tyres FFS.... Then once my tyres have 5/6 punctures for some reason I never have issues again while riding, just a flat tyre in the morning, I inflate and go and then it's good for a few days... when it starts happening more often than not I put on a new set....and unfortunately everytime I end up with a bad one within the next couple of rides. I will probably fix it from the inside, but the problem is everytime I plug or fix a tubeless tyre from the inside, it eventually ends up building a massive clog in the tyre that makes the wheel very unbalanced and very annoying on the trainer. That and the fact that it always threatens to pop and give me a flat...

If france the shops I rented from where looking at me funny when I asked if I could have 2 spare tubes instead of one... Truth is here with the amount of idiots throwing beer bottles on the road, punctures happen almost on a daily basis if you ride a lot...

Its always green glass.

My tyres are still pretty good tread wise, but the amount of cuts on them that seep sealant overnight has me waiting for the day I find my wheel flat when i get to my bike in the morning. Hence me having a spare set of tyres waiting to go on.

8 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Its always green glass.

My tyres are still pretty good tread wise, but the amount of cuts on them that seep sealant overnight has me waiting for the day I find my wheel flat when i get to my bike in the morning. Hence me having a spare set of tyres waiting to go on.

I have a couple of spare bikes for when that happens. No way I'm changing a tyre at 5:30 in the morning.

Edited by TNT1

4 hours ago, ouzo said:

not all of us are rolling in the money :)

A spare wheelset is my preferred option ????

3 hours ago, Pikey said:

When you leave the gravel bike at home knowing a tad harder slog is coming . Over biked maybe, but had to wipe the cobwebs of to see if the wheels still turned ????  

All good ????

ED9123D7-83AA-4AD2-81AE-C43F056AA87B.jpeg

Guy by the name of Robert Ruark said "Use Enough Gun".........I think that goes for bikes too! No use being under-biked! 

7 hours ago, Hairy said:

Skiet bietjie 'n kiekie